Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

5 Posts

April 11th, 2019 07:00

Task bar ikons move quickly back and forth

I have posted this before, but only got a reply from Dell indicating my warranty was out of date and that I might get help from the "community".

Well, in two weeks, I got no replies.

I have an Inspiron laptop.  The Ikons on the bottom left constantly, quickly move back and forth, making it difficult to click on.  The Ikons that move are the hidden ikons up arrow, battery/power ikon, cloud, network and audio.  The time date and notifications are on steadily and do not move back and forth.  None of the ikons on the right side of the taskbar move.

Of note, that if I go to settings, I can't chose the resolution for the display as it blinks on and off seemingly at the rate the taskbar ikons shift back and forth.  If I try to chose a resolution, the drop down menu quickly disappears.  It would be great if someone can provide me with some help.

I tried recovering and resetting the computer back to factory settings and had to load all my programs again, but the Ikons started shifting back and forth.

At first it seemed they did this as the computer was booting up, and then stopped.  But after a short time, they constantly blink back and forth.

I don't have this problem on any of my other windows 10 devices. 

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

April 11th, 2019 07:00

You did get answers from the community on your first post and it is a sound one-- https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron-Desktops/Inspiron-5559-taskbar-icons-moving/m-p/7279368#M11859  You should subscribe to your posts to get informed when someone answers.

April 11th, 2019 08:00

Thank you Mary.

I am new to this, and I couldn't find any of those responses until you sent this.  I do find some responses Thank you

November 11th, 2020 07:00

So because I was listening to these inadequate community posts, I hesitated calling the Dell tech person regarding the moving task bar. Then something else went wrong. My computer screen was broken. Dell replaced it and wah-lah, it is fixed. Too many opinions on this that don't mean anything. Call the Dell tech.

No Events found!