Start a Conversation

Unsolved

ZL

4 Posts

February 29th, 2020 20:00

Temperature & fan issues in Inspiron 15 5000 5593

I bought new Inspiron 15 5593 on 24th Feb, 2020 from GPT ( Local Distributor in Myanmar) .That company is the distributor in Myanmar, Republic of Union of Myanmar.

Product details: New Inspiron 15 5000 5593.

I found the issue that fan is too loud and noisy. It is also heating.

When I call to local service center, the service man said that is the built in system which implemented in Intel 10th Generation. Which is targeted to speed up laptop performance and to reduce heat. 

He said to change the setting in Dell Power Manager . The default option is Optimized. I changed and  tried to use again. It is not working yet. I didn't found any different for each option (total 4 options existing). I can honestly say, heat is more increase if the fun sound is a little decrease.

If the local service man is right, how do we use that laptop in a public area , such as cafe, airport, etc?

If the fan speed is a little reduce , we can't even touch keyboard. The laptop is too hot. We can even cook egg.

According to local service man, he said "he is getting so many feedback from customer for that issue".

Currently, I sent my PC to Service Center. I also found "L" key from keyboard is not working & that key is already broken.

Please can I know, the issue I mentioned is System issue for all laptops with that model or only this PC?

If it is the system issue, why not fix and distributing to users.It will effect the company.

Thanks.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 1st, 2020 14:00

Since this is a new computer, I'd strongly suggest you quickly return the system and get a refund or another new computer. However, if you still like to troubleshoot:

Run Dell Off line diagnostic to check the fan and other hardware within the computer. You could do this by following steps below.

1. Power off system

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping F12 key continuously until you see Perparing One Time Boot Menu in top right corner of screen. In Dell Preboot menu, select Diagnostic. After quick tests, select Fan, and then Thorough Test Mode. Report back any error code.

If there isn't any error code:

Download / Install Chipset and Video drivers one by one and in correct order.

How to Install Dell Drivers in the Correct Order

https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln148687/how-to-install-dell-drivers-in-the-correct-order?lang=en

Please click on link below for additional information that might be helpful to you.

How to Troubleshoot Fan Issues 

https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln113205/how-to-troubleshoot-fan-issues?lang=en

EDIT/ Common causes for fans not working, abnormal or loud fan noise, overheating:

- Fans or air vents that are obstructed

- Dust accumulation on vents or fans

- Not enough ventilation

- Physical damage

- Out-of-date BIOS and device drivers

4 Posts

March 2nd, 2020 20:00

Thanks for your suggestion.

1 Message

April 23rd, 2020 17:00

I bought this laptop and had similar issues with heat and serious fan noise. Spent ages trying to get them to accept there was a hardware problem and take it for repair. They identified a faulty SSD and replaced it, the laptop still has heat and fan noise issues that make me wish i had not bought it.  My advice to anyone reading this is to not buy Dell, who are aware of this fault in the model but still selling them anyway. If you have bought one and are still within the returns window do so immediately and don't buy Dell again

4 Posts

April 23rd, 2020 21:00

Thanks for your advice.

2 Posts

April 23rd, 2020 22:00

Thanks for sharing very good replay!

1 Message

April 24th, 2020 00:00

Solution

Search for "Dell Power Management" in Start

Open and go to the "Thermal Management"

Select the Option "Quiet"

The laptop will become Quiet instantly.

The default setting is set to optimize the laptop. 

If you don't have Dell Power Management I think you have to install it

Changing the Thermal Settings in The Dell Power Management AppChanging the Thermal Settings in The Dell Power Management App

1 Message

May 9th, 2020 11:00

Dell Inspiron 5000 and 7000 series' laptops are the world's third class and worst laptop. laptop heat too much that I canceled my LPG cylinder delivery. And I used my laptop for cooking. It heats a lot that I can cook any dish on it. And I think each & every hotel & restaurant should use dell Inspiron for cooking as a gas stove or gas burner. And even the laptop's fan's noise will entertain the restaurant's customers as a piece of background music. 

4 Posts

May 9th, 2020 11:00

Thanks for your solutions. I already tried it. After I tried with that solution, the pc's temperature is very high.

247 Posts

May 10th, 2020 05:00

I've noticed with my 5593 which I have had a little over a month now that the fan has some erratic behavior at times. Its mostly quiet until its kicks on and then it operates briefly at high speed before slowing down. Its certainly not a gradual increase in fan speed that you wouldn't notice as much. But unless I am doing something that is heavily tasking all cores I do not notice fan noise at all. I used a lap desk to allow for best airflow because the intake vent is on bottom of notebook. If you set this notebook on a soft surface you will choke off air flow to cool CPU and GPU. With more cores these days its even more important to prevent air flow disruptions. 

June 12th, 2020 07:00

Should i buy this laptop for programming??? 

June 16th, 2020 06:00

Yes same issue with my laptop.

It's heating too much.

No one is resolving my issue from dell.

Don't buy dell laptop.

I have wasted 68k for the dell Inspiron 5593 laptop.

My suggestion don't buy dell laptop.

June 16th, 2020 06:00

True I am also cooking omlate daily on my 5000 series laptop

Even worst service by dell.

They always told me to just update the system.

I have more knowledge than dell technical experts. 

I suggest please read all the reviews before buying dell.

July 4th, 2020 07:00

Dell laptop is best and durability also good, the issue is with Intel 10nm cpu graphics driver and Input and output driver and sata achi driver (check your device manager for input and output driver and sata achi chipset series, both are different)

Dell with AMD laptop is much much better than Intel laptop. even Qualcomm CPU (7nm) also better cooling system.

247 Posts

July 4th, 2020 07:00

I would think twice about buying this model. Even doing basic tasks the turbo mode seems to trigger a rapid rise in temperatures near T Junction max of 100c. According to Intel this is by design to allow for better turbo speeds and longer duration and Intel and the OEM's have created tighter tolerances to allow near max temps. I think the fan kicks in far too late and both the CPU and keyboard get very warm. It might be by design, but I am not very satisfied with my 5593 with the 1035G1 core i5. 

July 9th, 2020 08:00

Disable the background apps.

upgrade to 3200Mhz ram speed (check the intel website for suitable ram for your cpu).

update the laptop firmware (go to device manager and update the firmware).

reinstall the chipset driver and graphics driver again.

No Events found!