Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

August 14th, 2018 22:00

Transfer Of Warranty And Ownership Transfer

Hii. I'm Gonna Buy , Dell Inspiron 13 , 5370 From " Currys.co.uk " At UK. But , I'm Permanently Moving To India  Next Month. Since, I Bought The Laptop In UK , Can I Claim Warranty On Any Issues With The Laptop In India?

What Is The Procedure For The Ownership Transfer? Will It Cost Any Money?

August 14th, 2018 23:00

Hi,

I bought a dell inspiron 5577 gaming in US and transferred the ownership to India(may 2018). So I think I am eligible to answer your question.

To transfer ownership internationally you must have NBD(Next Business Day Onsite Warranty)/Premium Support or Premium Support Plus warranty with your laptop. Some laptops only have mail-in warranty, so you have to purchase NDB additionally.(My laptop has mail-in, so I bought 3yr NDB for $170).

You may refer this link where the procedure for warranty transfer is explained in detail.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln143036/ownership-transfer-and-retail-registration-guide?lang=en

If you still face difficulties you may contact dell sales via phone/chat depending on your country and they'll be happy to help.

September 27th, 2021 11:00

What is the charge for transferring ownership and warranty of Dell laptops from Qatar to India?

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

September 27th, 2021 11:00

There is no charge, but be sure you have registered the system in your name with Dell first -- if that doesn't go through, you'll need your seller's assistance.  And then you must have a system sold in India with onsite service -- if the system in question isn't sold in India and does not have onsite service through Dell, the transfer will fail.

No Events found!