Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 16th, 2020 06:00

Two monitors

Hello everyone!

I always used two monitors to work. Recently my notebook went to technical assistance and I had to change the SATA controller and hard drive. Since then, it no longer recognizes the two monitors (extension of the screens), but only duplicates, making the same thing that happens in one, happen in the other. In display settings, it appears as shown in the figure below. Does anyone know any solution to the problem? Thank you very much.

duplicar.jpg

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

August 16th, 2020 12:00

@wanderweather  If you can see your desktop on then second display when set to Extend mode, then it’s working properly. If you can’t move your mouse cursor over, it’s likely because you’re trying to move the cursor off the wrong edge. Make sure that the icons representing your two displays when set to Extend mode are arranged the same way that the displays are physically arranged on your desk, otherwise you would have to move your cursor off the left edge to make the cursor appear on the display located to the right, for example. When set to Extend, click Identify to see which display is #1 vs #2, then drag the display icons around as needed.

This isn’t a driver issue. You don’t need display drivers to resolve this. Display drivers are only needed if the manufacturer wants to provide a specific color calibration profile and/or if the display has additional functionality, such as blue light control or automatic display rotation when you physically pivot the display. So not having a driver would not be the reason you’re having an issue here.

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

August 16th, 2020 07:00

The fact that it is showing “1 | 2” means Windows realizes there are two displays and is simply set to Duplicate mode rather than Extend Mode. You should be able to scroll down and select “Extend” rather than “Duplicate”. If that doesn’t work, what happens when you try it? Have you tried reinstalling your GPU drivers?

August 16th, 2020 09:00

When extending, it only applies the desktop to my second monitor. It does not allow me to "walk" with the mouse cursor and use both screens as before. I've already installed the video drivers for the Dell Inspiron 14 5448 Notebook, but unfortunately nothing has resolved. I think it might be a drive from the other monitor (Samsung Sync Master 740N), but I can't find it for Windows 10. Thanks for the help.

August 16th, 2020 13:00

Thank you very much! The problem was much simpler than I imagined.

No Events found!