Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

3 Posts

January 23rd, 2020 03:00

URGENT: My dell inspiron 15 5583 backspcae doesn't work correctly

Hi There 

I  bought a new dell inspiron 15 5583 laptop with win 10 pro 

and  I found that backspace doesn't work correctly, as it type (+) instead of  deleting . and when  I locked numpad it deletes one word at a time and sometimes it deletes whole words at a time

I updated all drives , win updates  and even tried win 10 save mode  and same

The only case that it work correctly that when I press shift key with backspace 

and sure I it isn't right to do it everytime I want to delete char ( I'm developer )

Please any help My work Is stuck because this issue

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

January 23rd, 2020 04:00

This web page has a number of suggestions that may help. Among them try running in Safe Mode to see if the problem still persists. Also run an anti virus scan as that may be the source of the problem. Try an external keyboard to see if the problem still exists.

3 Posts

January 23rd, 2020 06:00

Hi @JOcean ,

Thanks for fast replaying and the useful link 

Ya I did all of this suggestions except  using external keyboard because I don't have for now. I'm using the built-in keyboard of the laptop

However, I tried  the on-screen keyboard of the windows and all goes correctly 

So Is this mean that it is a hardware issue?

3 Posts

January 23rd, 2020 07:00

Another think that I noticed when using keyboard tester

that when I pressed  backspace, the (+) key at numpad is pressed also .

check the snap 

testing .png

When I disable numpad it doesn't work also ,The backspace behavior is being weird. It deletes a word at a time and when repeate pressing it delete every words at a time 

besides the mouse cursor is jumped everywhere  while typing  wherever ( on editor , notepad , on browser )

It make my crazy

All this weird behavior is disappeared when I pressed backspace + (+) key or backspace + shift key

And I thinks isn't right to do that every time I want delete char 

Thanks In advanced 

1 Message

March 10th, 2020 09:00

I do have the same problem with the same laptop if you found a solution share it 

No Events found!