Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

1 Message

May 3rd, 2021 10:00

Unsatisfied with Dell

Bought Dell in 2010 Inspiron N5010, during this interval, I replaced battery twice, keyboard once, hard disc once, and a lot of works. But now the condition and response from Dell is intolerable. I sent the laptop for service, and the repairer reset the BIOS, as a result it got locked on BIOS password without setting the password by anyone. I tried to contact dell, regaularly sending them mails, but firstly very slow response from their part, and after so many days, they replied you need to change motherboard. Without having any major issue, just by reseting the BIOS, they are asking me to change motherboard. Careless uneducated fellows are employed by DELL. Firstly they should made worthy laptops and secondly they should employ good technicians who can answer to our questions logically. Illitrate employees. Very unsatisfied with DELL. In future, will not buy any product from dell and will promote others not to buy anything from DELL.

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

You'll be similarly disappointed with any system.  The design life of a battery is 2-3 years and that of a hard drive is five years -- several replacements in an 11-year lifespan for each isn't unexpected.

As for the rest, it's a third-party service location;  your issue is with them, not Dell.  For that matter, this system has exceeded its design life by a factor or more than three.

6 Posts

My dude, I believe it's god's way of telling you to get rid of that ages old laptop.

No Events found!