Closed

J

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

October 3rd, 2019 07:00

WIFI is secured but no internet

Hi there,

My laptop can not connect to the WiFi at my school and it started having this problem Tuesday. My phone connects to it just fine so I know it is not the WiFi. My laptop has a globe icon with a smaller circle and a line through it where the WiFi bars usually are. I am connected to a network but it says “No Internet, Secured”. I have restarted several times and it still does not connect. Please help!

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

October 3rd, 2019 08:00

September 3rd, 2023 21:10

I have this same problem. Shame on you Dell for never answering any of the forums pertaining to this matter. I am deeply displeased and despise your company. Your customer support is routinely awful, and all of your products are poorly designed. 

1 Message

September 4th, 2023 09:13

@i_hate_dell_laptops​ any update on your situation ?  I have the same problem since last week.  

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

September 4th, 2023 09:24

If your Wi-Fi network is secured but you're unable to access the internet, there are several troubleshooting steps you can follow to resolve the issue:

1. Check Network Connections:

• Ensure that your device is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network with the correct password. Double-check the Wi-Fi name (SSID) and password to make sure they are entered correctly.
  2. Restart Your Router:

• Unplug your router from the power source, wait for about 30 seconds, and then plug it back in. This can often resolve temporary connectivity issues.
  3. Check Other Devices:

• Test the internet connection on other devices (e.g., smartphones, tablets, other computers) connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If none of the devices can access the internet, the issue may be with your router or internet service provider (ISP).
  4. ISP Service Status:

• Contact your ISP or visit their website to check if there are any reported outages or service disruptions in your area. If there's an outage, you'll need to wait until the issue is resolved by your ISP.
  5. Check Router Lights:

• Look at the lights on your router. Most routers have indicator lights that show the status of the internet connection. If the "Internet" light is off or red, it indicates a problem with your ISP or the router itself.
  6. Reset Network Settings:

• On your device, you can try resetting network settings. Go to your device's network settings and look for options to "Reset Network," "Reset Wi-Fi," or similar. This will clear any network-related settings and may help resolve the issue.
  7. Check for MAC Address Filtering:

• Some routers have MAC address filtering enabled, which allows or denies access to specific devices based on their MAC addresses. Check your router's settings to ensure that MAC filtering is not blocking your device.
  8. Check DNS Settings:

• Sometimes, DNS issues can cause internet connectivity problems. You can try changing your DNS server settings to use a public DNS server like Google DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) or Cloudflare DNS (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1).
  9. Update Router Firmware:

• Check if there are any firmware updates available for your router. Outdated firmware can sometimes lead to connectivity issues. Visit the manufacturer's website for your router model to download and install the latest firmware.
  10. Contact Your ISP:

• If none of the above steps resolve the issue, contact your ISP's customer support for further assistance. They can help diagnose and resolve more complex internet connection problems.
  11. Consider a Wired Connection:

• If possible, connect your device directly to the router using an Ethernet cable to see if you can access the internet via a wired connection. This can help determine if the issue is specific to the Wi-Fi network.
  12. Factory Reset Your Router:

• As a last resort, you can perform a factory reset on your router. This will erase all customized settings, so use this option with caution. Refer to your router's manual or the manufacturer's website for instructions on how to perform a factory reset.

Remember to go through these troubleshooting steps systematically to identify and resolve the issue causing the lack of internet access on your secured Wi-Fi network.

1 Rookie

• 

109 Posts

September 4th, 2023 09:32

1. Use Network Troubleshooter.
  2. Check Your VPN if you are using any.
  3. Refresh Your IP Configuration.
  4. Perform a Winsock Reset.
  5. Fix Connection Properties.
  6.  Disable IPv6 Address.
  7. Update Network Adapter Driver.

2 Intern

• 

223 Posts

September 4th, 2023 10:29

Hi

If you could post some outputs from 

ipconfig /all  >> c:\wifi.txt

MASKING any personal mac addresses etc.

I assume there is no Aeroplane mode or equivalent option?

It may help us to help you.

No Events found!