Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

2 Posts

September 12th, 2020 17:00

What should I do if my touchpad gestures are not working?

I have a Dell Inspiron 7573. My touchpad works, as in I am able to click things with my mouse. However, two finger scroll and three/four finger functions do not work. When I go to settings and the touchpad section, I don’t see the usual menu to change two/three/four finger functions (for example, I could make four fingers the option for adjusting volume). I also went to device manager and see that the I2C HID Device Driver is not working (error code 10, device cannot start). I have tried uninstalling the driver, that does not fix it. Dell diagnostics also is not picking up the issue, and when I search for drivers on the Dell website they don’t recommend one for this particular driver. 

2 Posts

September 13th, 2020 22:00

I have exprienced this issue for over 2 years.

Here are what I tried but they don't work (this may saves your time if you look up for solutions on internet):

• Change/Delete Upper/LowerFilter registry
  • Reinstall all drivers
  • sfc/scanow, checkhealth, restorehealth...
  • Uninstall/Disable/Enable I2C driver (This may works after reinstalling windows)
  • Replace my touchpad

The only thing that works is performing a clean installation of Windows (sometimes it doesn't work). And this issue often comes back after 2-3 months.

5 Posts

April 11th, 2021 12:00

I have the identical symptoms on a Dell XPS9360 and none of those solutions worked for me.

40 Posts

August 10th, 2021 21:00

Having the same issue on my Inspiron 7573

No Events found!