Start a Conversation

Unsolved

August 10th, 2023 23:24

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

February 15th, 2018 13:00

According to this thread, the 7567 supports NVMe, so the Samsung 960 Evo would be a great choice: https://www.dell.com/community/General/inspiron-15-gaming-7567-M2-ssd-question/m-p/5104877

1 Message

February 20th, 2018 12:00

IT is definitely a great choice. No doubt! One of the best m.2 drives in the market so far.
Although the speed that you can achieve with the laptop can be brought down to 1/4th.
The samsung drive offers speeds as fast as 3200mb/s on a Pcie gen 3° m.2 using 4 bus lanes.
I’ve contacted Dell, i also purchased the inspiron gaming 7567 laptop, and the support team could inform as much as the laptop m.2 slot has only 1 lane available to work. To add that the Dell support team couldn’t provide me the version of Pcie used in the laptop. Weather had a generation of Pcie or not.

Would be really nice and helpful to know if Torselli did some testing to find out the true speed the laptop can get with the Samsung drive.

I use cristal disk mark app for benchmark.

2 Posts

February 20th, 2018 14:00

Hi Igor, very interesting all information you just provide, I still don't have my Evo M.2 because I live in Guatemala, and there is no store in the city I live that sells the Evo, so I bought it on Ebay and the disk actually is on Miami, expecting to pick it up on courier counter on saturday... so when I have it installed with Windows 10 I will use the application that you mentioned so I can Provide here the real speed that Evo 960 performs on the laptop...  thanks for the information...

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

February 20th, 2018 17:00

EDIT: Sorry, missed the existing replies in this thread, including my own!  LoL

No Events found!