Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

1 Rookie

• 

43 Posts

February 19th, 2018 23:00

Wireless USB Mouse Not Working

Hi, I have a very strange problem 2 days. When I came home last night and opened my computer, I saw that the wireless mouse connected with the USB receiver did not work, I tried this mouse on a different computer but it worked on it. I also connected my laptop with a different wireless mouse so it did not work, so the problem is completely on the computer. Also, when I go to the system restore page from the mouse bios display and the recovery screen (the page that comes up after the system restore from the page that comes after the computer restart by holding down the shift key) works fine. For now, as a solution, I create a system restore point before turning off the computer and return to this restore point whenever I turn on the computer. In this way, the problem is resolved until the computer is turned off again. The same problem again after I have turned off my PC. When I look through the device manager with this problem, there seems to be a problem with 2 usb receiver devices. Also, there are no new installations or updates.

My laptop is Dell Inspiron 7567 i7 7700HQ 1050ti

1 Rookie

• 

43 Posts

February 23rd, 2018 02:00

Finally I solved the problem, I installed Windows 10 again on my pre-installed system and now the usb mouse is working.

February 19th, 2018 23:00

seems to be a Chipset/usb drivers issue.

go to dell support  site enter your Service tag, download and install all drivers listed in chipset

1 Rookie

• 

43 Posts

February 20th, 2018 00:00

Yes, I tried this. But the problem did not fix.

1 Message

February 20th, 2018 03:00

Wow I have had this issue last night too !!! Tried everything I can think off. In the device manager it sees either a usb or wireless mouse etc but says the driver is not available. There is nothing to update and I am sure no win or dell updates happened yesterday.... 

February 20th, 2018 04:00

Right on all devices one by one and select uninstall.
Right click again and select scan for hardware changes.
Once the devices ate listed, right click on them and select update drivers, select option to select driver automatically. (Windows will connect to it's drivers database and try to install relevant drivers.
If this also fails try to do Windows Update

1 Rookie

• 

43 Posts

Yes, I tried that too. It can't find any driver on my PC or on Windows Update. :Sad:

Did you try to connect a Wired mouse to see if that works ?

can you open Dell Support assist and check if there are any errors.

if you have tried all settings and even System Restore gave up, i would recommend to go ahead and Reset your system. 

1 Rookie

• 

43 Posts

February 20th, 2018 05:00

No, I don't tried wired mouse. I will try tomorrow it. I don't want to reset my system, but it looks like this is the only solution.

1 Rookie

• 

43 Posts

February 21st, 2018 06:00

I tried wired mouse, but no luck. It's not worked.

February 21st, 2018 21:00

Go to bios, enable USB emulation and USB Power share if available

1 Rookie

• 

43 Posts

February 21st, 2018 21:00

Unfortunately, this did not work either.

February 22nd, 2018 08:00

Back up data and Reset Windows to factory settings.

October 12th, 2018 05:00

I just want to add one more post to the many Dell mouses that aren't working. I called the support line and they disconnected me. Goodbye, Dell.

1 Message

November 22nd, 2019 01:00

My Razer deathadder mouse were not working very well, So i bought the one name LogiTech G900 and test the accuracy and speed on click speed test

I always recommend you to check your mouse after you purchase.

February 4th, 2020 17:00

Hope you have solved this issue. For those who have not...

Reboot your computer. Press F2 key on startup to enter BIOs. Select System Config. Select USB Config. Select Enable External USB Ports (check the box). Apply changes. Exit. Your mouse should work now!

No Events found!