Start a Conversation

Unsolved

6 Posts

November 3rd, 2021 08:00

Worst customer service in the world

My first doubts with Dell came after a support person suggested I reinstalled windows to fix a laptop that couldn’t recognise a hdd, this is a whole new level of stupidity but I can live with that.

After wasting a day talking to so called technical people they agreed to have my device collected for repair as it is under warranty. As I am currently working from home it was not too much hassle waiting within a from 9am to 7pm for collection but after nobody had turned up I receive an email stating that I wasn’t in and to complete a returns form which should have been posted (it wasn’t). I have contacted Dell using their WhatsApp service every day for over a week for an update on when the device will be collected. Every day I receive the same answer - “we will contact you soon”. Well you haven’t contacted me; you wont answer any of my questions and refuse to give me contact details for a department or manager to elevate the service request further.

I have bought 4 Dell laptops in the last 4 months for various members of my family, I will not be buying any more. The products (other than the one faulty device) more than meets my expectations, the customer service however is appalling, it would be easier to contact my dead gran.

47 Posts

November 4th, 2021 02:00

You bought 4? I bought 1 and regret already. Mine was released 7 months ago and when I bought it about a month ago, it still had Dell software causing instability.

Support people don't know how to run admin commands, they told me to download and install OS from Microsoft website - which caused more problem that what existed already, they apparently cannot see pictures uploaded in this community platform website and asked me to upload image to a public server and share links in private chat, my laptop has BIOS which reminds me Y2K era and also has features fit for that era - if I ask about features, nobody knows anything and there is zero expectation on BIOS updates.

The WhatsApp team gave me a number to call which is a normal support contact. They were trying to send me on an infinite chase loop with redirections. I declined. Either call me or answer right here - was my stand.

6 Posts

November 4th, 2021 03:00

The WhatsApp team are useless, my issue is that the hard drive is not recognised.

1. Reinstall Windows to the drive that cannot be recognised
  2. Backup all data from the drive that cannot be recognised

The device is under warranty so why not take it from me and replace the drive that cannot be recognised? It’s not rocket science. I don’t care about the data; I just want a working laptop... The thing I handed over hard earned cash for.

I have never known an organisation like this, how do they keep their business?

47 Posts

November 5th, 2021 03:00

Wow, exactly. We are alike. I wanted my (working) storage device to be restored to factory. The recovery partition had factory image but was replaced by an update without my consent. 

I went for days contacting them everyday to restore to factory image. Everyone talks about data, back up. Absolutely nonsense. I don't want data. I just want it to be restored to the sate it was when I received it. There is no method for it.

I bought it from Amazon and they initiated RMA process to repair it. I have wiped the SSD clean from BIOS, then followed their RMA process and sent it to them. I have to see what I get after few weeks.

If you bought from a reseller, then probably you need to contact them to start RMA. Otherwise look for RMA process with Dell. - I don't know this because did not buy directly from Dell.

6 Posts

Bought direct from Dell. Day 12 since reporting the issue and the device still hasn’t been collected.
Like I said before, usually Dell equipment more than meets my expectations but unfortunately their customer service is not the greatest.

6 Posts

Day 12 since reporting and the device still hasnt been collected. 

2 Posts

November 6th, 2021 01:00

I have the same problem. Can we make a complaint?

47 Posts

November 6th, 2021 08:00

@Cullie and @Quang086 just a suggestion. You might have done this already.

How about using the email option as show in the attached screenshot? They will create a service request.

I created a service request within 5 days of buying it. It has been around a month now since then. They have not addressed or solved it. They don't let open more than one service request. So I cannot open any new service request. Letting you guys know about the quality of the service request.

I believe email to have higher weightage than WhatsApp chat. But with Dell probably nobody cares about anything.

support.png

6 Posts

November 8th, 2021 00:00

Day 15 since reporting and the device still hasnt been collected. 

2 Posts

November 8th, 2021 18:00

I bought the product a month ago. Had to change the laptop once and then wait for the warranty. Waste of time and hassle. Dell quality is too bad. Will never buy Dell again.

No Events found!