Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

1 Message

May 19th, 2020 14:00

Inspiron G3 15 3590, hinge broken, #4

I purchased my laptop in august and have had very little wear and tear on it. The hinge problem started a few months after I bought it and has slowly gotten worse to where it is now. It is almost unusable as it feels like the laptop is breaking after you close the lid. I keep it as a desktop for now. Many other people seem to be having the same issue. Is this a defective design? 

Currently the issue is that the hinge on the back of the laptop bulges and pops when the lid is closed. I can see into the laptop at this point when it happens and it can be corrected everytime back to closed by pushing on the hinge. 

What options do I have? 

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

May 21st, 2020 04:00

Just wanted to share my thoughts over here. Instead of getting it repaired why can't DELL replace our laptops with a better designed model (ready to pay more for a good one)?

I tried checking out the newer G versions but all G version laptops are not for sale currently which means that DELL had stopped selling G3 series which is a big failure.  

May 23rd, 2020 09:00

I am also facing the same issue just bought my dell G3 3590 back in February and today suddenly hinges came out without any reason.. please some help

17 Posts

May 23rd, 2020 21:00

I have the same broken hinge problem.  I shipped in my laptop for repair and I now see that the status on repair is that it is not covered under warranty.  Hinge broke as a result of normal use opening and closing the laptop so this is not a case of accidental damage.  There are many complaints on these boards about G3 broken hinge problems but Dell refuses to acknowledge that there is a defective cause for all these broken hinge complaints.  My laptop is less than a year old so I will probably agree to pay for the repair but you can be sure that after a lifetime of Dell purchases this will be my last one.

Same here last DELL laptop for me as well

Completely cheap quality of the product.. everyone with dell G3 3590 is facing the issue still dell is saying they will not cover this under warranty.. this is cheating with customers..I got the issue within 3 months of purchase that too with occasional usage

1 Message

May 25th, 2020 03:00

There is a possible preventive approach for solving the hinge creaking issue.

I noticed the creaking just after buying the laptop.

I removed the bottom cover and applied more toque on the hinge screws below the cover fitting it up "one of them was little bit loose" and after putting back the cover I applied more torque on the two screws just below the hinge, the result was a huge improvements in the creak sound while moving the hinge and the hinge became more stiff but by the time it became little bit softer. I have the laptop over 3 months right now and hopefully this solution helps it.

I think its an important step just after buying this laptop because there are some micro tolerances in the chassis which will build up cracks in the plastic that holding the screws from inside

1 Message

June 23rd, 2020 17:00

I've only had this laptop for 3 months and have taken good care of it (literally opening and closing the lid once a day!). Today it made a weird cracking sound when I was about to close the lid and I saw that the hinge is all bulged and popped open. This is really shameful. I just wanna ask Dell isn't it better to design a higher quality hinge than to design one that just looks cool for a gaming laptop??!!

No Events found!