augustl
3 Argentum

Re: dell g7 and g5 Bios 1.5.0

I doubt it was the BIOS developers themselves that made this decision.

0 Kudos
agustaboeti
2 Bronze

Hi, i found this link to downgrade bios from dell website.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln125793/downgrading-the-system-bios-on-a-dell-system...

Do you guys find this applicable?

0 Kudos
vletrmx21
2 Bronze

Hey Dell

Can you just be honest and just say if you're gonna release a BIOS update that fixes the fan issue? I need to know so I can sell this laptop, I can't use the thing when it reaches 60C when doing nothing.

I feel like I've wasted 1200 USD for nothing.

0 Kudos
CuongNguyenS
2 Bronze

I'm a fan of dell and g7 is one of the gaming laptops that I trust. Everything was so good until I upgraded my bios to 1.4.1 and since then bad things have started. I tried everything to get my gaming laptop back to its original state, but could not and continued to hope for the bios update 1.5.0. But the fact that nothing changes my laptop is still very bad, which makes me really disappointed. At $ 1200 for the g7 it made me feel really unworthy of what I and the fans received compared to the gaming laptops of other manufacturers.
0 Kudos
zachpeanut61
2 Iron

With how long this issue has been going on i know dell doesnt care about any of the g7/g5 users.

They could've easily implemented the multiple fan profiles in the dell power manager app like they did on old insperons but they haven't and have given no official response to the weeks of people complaining about the fans.

I just listed my laptop for sale and i hope i dont take too much of a price loss because im going with any other gaming laptop. As far as i know every other one has user controllable fans/ fan profiles.

I have a MAJOR feeling that this was outselling dells overpriced alienwares so they had to ruin these to try to sell more alienwares that allow you to control the fans. smfh dell

Reven1010
3 Silver

At the beginning I'll write that I would like to manually control the fans / appropriate power plans in the Dell G5 / G7. Both hands for it, But... Bios 1.5.0 is not the worst. I have i5-8300h + 1060 and I did 2 things that calmed my nerves. First, undervolt processor with -0.165 vcore offset, second I set power limit at 55W (intel XTU) At this point, OCCT + Furmark shows me about 80 degrees with spikes up to 86-88 degrees. Not so bad. Heaven benchmark after 2h showed me about 66 degrees with spikes to 70. I suspect that the thermo paste would lower temps few degrees and the liquid metal would probably be about 6-10.

0 Kudos