Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

1 Message

October 14th, 2019 13:00

inspiron 15z 5523 Upgrade Time

I've had my Inspiron 15z for 5 years now and it has been slowly slowing down (start up and regular operations)

I've already upgraded the RAM to 16gb and i believe that to be plenty and also the max. The only thing to "stress" the laptop is some basic Photoshop and Illustrator.

I'm going to upgrade the sata WD 500gb drive to a sata Samsung SSD of the same size. Storage is not much of an issue for me either.

My questions come up when i think about upgrading the msata ssd. (i believe it to be 32gb)

Would upgrading it to a newer and larger msata ssd give me more speed? at startup only? or overall? OS operations only? Increasing speed is my only desire since more storage isn't what I'm looking for.

Will upgrading it bring up and configuration complications? (also doing a fresh install of Windows 10 on the regular sata Samsung ssd)

Lastly, if the msata doesn't do much for me, should i just remove the tiny thing? The mindset being to keep things simple. I've had that "Intel Rapid Start" warning for a few years now. Researched into getting rid of it and it didn't work for me.

No Responses!
No Events found!