Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 19th, 2021 06:00

inspiron 3502 bios update failed in support assist

I've been trying to install the urgent bios update for over a week from both the Support Assist and Dell download page, without success. (un-installing & re-installing Support Assist numerous ties)

My laptop is still under warranty so yesterday I spend over an hour with a Dell Tech who did basically all the same procedures that I've been trying.  At the end of the session he told me that it was a software issue and he'd send me an email with information for me to make an appointment with a tech that can help with software issues.  I received the email which explained that software is not under warranty so I could make an appointment with a Dell Software Tech by paying the $99 only special price.  I'm totally outraged.

With so many people having the bios update failure problem on all the different Dell computers, I would think this is really a system problem that needs to be fixed by Dell.  Unless someone can really send me correct procedures on how to get the bios upgrade installed I feel I'm right about a system failure that Dell needs to remedy.

Does anyone have a tried & true way to resolve the bios upgrade install?  I'm not a novice but that real advanced so I need an easy solution without digging into registry keys or anything like that.

Thanks, Pat

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

August 19th, 2021 07:00

Welcome to the Dell Community @patsam92 

First method:

Create a new folder on your desktop named “BIOS Update”

Then download your BIOS update.

Dell Inspiron 3502 System BIOS:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=w1j1p&oscode=wt64a&productcode=inspiron-15-3502-laptop

Copy the update to that folder you just created.

Close all Windows and Apps you may have open.

Go to the folder and right click on the update file and “Run as Administrator”

Second method:

Create a bootable USB drive using “Rufus”

https://rufus.ie/

Under "Boot Selection" select "Free DOS"

Then click "Start"

Copy the BIOS update to the bootable USB drive you just created..

Insert USB drive, power-on and start tapping the “ F12 “ key.

Boot from USB and run the BIOS update.

After reboot test and post any results.

Best regards,

U2

NOTE:

I prefer the second method.

2 Posts

August 19th, 2021 16:00

Thank you so very much.  I was pulling my hair out that Dell tech support could not resolve my issue and yours worked.  I used the first method that you suggested. Copied the Bios update to a new folder on the desktop, closed windows/apps & ran the update from the new folder "as administrator".  I wasn't sure it worked because the same file downloaded that the tech tried yesterday.  So I rebooted then went to my Dell driver/download page and searched for new updates.  The Bios update was no longer there to be downloaded/installed so I'm ecstatic.  Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it, Pat.

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

August 19th, 2021 17:00

Your very welcome @patsam92 

Best regards,

U2

No Events found!