Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 11th, 2019 03:00

inspiron

Hi,

I have been given an ancient inspiron 1300 running windows xp that i would really like to connect to the internet but am having real problems doing this.

I have Huawei SIM router but when i switch the laptop on there is no scan at all of available networks in the area despite the network card being enabled.

I have tried using a netgear external usb adaptor and this shows up quite a few networks in the vicinity including my own Huawei router. Unfortunately I can't connect to it despite putting in the correct pass key. 

I am not a technically minded person but this sounds as if it is a software or configuration problem that I have absolutely no idea of how to resolve. Perhaps it's not possible at all given the age of the laptop? 

Any advice would be most gratefully received.

Many thanks

Phil

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

March 11th, 2019 07:00

XP is not for use on the Internet since it has no security updates since it has been unsupported for a few years. Perhaps a security block is being used. Recycle the ancient computer after wiping or removing the hard drive. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14223/windows-xp-end-of-support

March 11th, 2019 09:00

II hal suspected that may was the case but thank you for taking the time to confirm this. I will take your advice and recycle it at the earliest opportunity 

1 Message

April 8th, 2019 02:00

I have a question that is 

I have dell inspiron 1545 and every time i updated its windows its Display Driver blasted and I dont know how to fix this...Need Help ASAP

No Events found!