Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

8 Posts

March 10th, 2019 14:00

memory card reader driver downloads but will not install

I have had to reformat my computer due to incompatibility issues and driver failures. I had it professionally assessed and it was given a clean bill of health. However, the machine is not reading my memory cards. I have downloaded the driver but it will not install. Please help

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

March 10th, 2019 16:00

@CarmenRay wrote:
I have had to reformat my computer due to incompatibility issues and driver failures. I had it professionally assessed and it was given a clean bill of health. However, the machine is not reading my memory cards. I have downloaded the driver but it will not install. Please help

I'm pretty sure your definition of "reformat" is different from mine, but you probably didn't install the drivers for Windows. I'd start there.

9.4K Posts

March 12th, 2019 03:00

Hi CarmenRay,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Here is a short video from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

Memory Card Reader Not Working Windows 10

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

No Events found!