Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

January 17th, 2021 11:00

overheated gpu and cpu

i have dell n4030 laptop with amd radeon 5000 gpu my laptop at the last period suddenly turned off from over heating i changed the thermal paste and replaced the cpu fan and tried all the solutions and also replaced the cpu and the problem didnt soluted 

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

January 18th, 2021 04:00

Is your computer a desktop or laptop? With laptops, make sure it’s vents are not blocked. It needs to be on a hard surface for gaming.

For desktop PCs, define overheating. Is it shutting down, or simply downclocking? The CPU and GPU should both be able to tolerate 80C to 90C, but may be running at slower speeds due to downclocking.

Check that all the fans are running. Case fans, CPU cooler fan, video card fans.

Check that the heat sinks and fans are not being effected by too much dust.

High resolution games are actually less stressful to the CPU, because the CPU is stressed by higher frames per second. The higher the resolution, the lower the frames per second, so the less stress on the CPU.

Video cards will definitely increase heat when fully loaded. For reference, my GPU temps are normally below 70C, but I used to have dual ASUS cards running at about 90C, and they ran like that for years. So I can’t tell you what’s normal for your card.

No Events found!