This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 10th, 2018 17:00

sub-woofer doesn't work Dell Inspiron 7567

I am experiencing audio problem since the latest update.....09/10/2018

Dell Inspiron 7567 

+ sub-woofer doesn't work
+ the audio jack is not working, my headphones are not recognized by MaxxAudioPro.

+ if i leave the headphones connected and restart the laptop they will play the sound after the restart, but if I unplug them and try to plug them back in nothing happens
+ I even try downgrading and it still doesn't work

My audio problems started after the "BIG" april 2018 windows update and are getting more and more complicated ever since

If someone can help me with this please

1 Message

October 11th, 2018 13:00

Same procedure worked for me, but with driver 

Try simpy install it first

73 Posts

September 10th, 2018 18:00

If you are lucky, go to Control Panel, System and Security, Backup and Restore ...and restore it to a prior date before the new driver was installed.

Think Dell will be pushing a new driver out.

73 Posts

September 10th, 2018 18:00

To manage-turn on System Restore Points, is through Control Panel, System and Security, click System. Then click System protection on the left. 

I hope yours was turned on. By default I think it is.

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

September 11th, 2018 02:00

Thank you for the response ... currently the restore is not much of an option for me... and yes i'm hoping that they will release new driver soon, as the previous audio driver was back in 2017

1 Rookie

• 

43 Posts

September 12th, 2018 14:00

After the new Realtek update, the subwoofer does not work at all and it's give crackling sound. Problems are resolved when I install the old Realtek driver again.

You can download the old version from here:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/tr/tr/trdhs1/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=8WWJK

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

September 13th, 2018 06:00

Thank you for the reply my friend, but that didn't work as well

Here is what i did

1. Remove completely the new driver;(remove device and delete driver option)

2. Restart laptop

3. Install Driver - the moment is installed it will play the sub-woofer sound nicely 

4. Restart

5. Again the sound is bad no woofer :(

Here is what the driver says

1.jpg

so it clearly shows the old driver from 2017, but no sound changes :(

Let me know if missing something or making it wrong

Thnx again

September 26th, 2018 07:00

From Yesterday mine also stopped working from recent update of audio driver ..  I also uninstalled drivers completely and switched back to old one but still subwoofers not working 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

September 26th, 2018 11:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience caused, I will be glad to assist you on this. Is there no audio from the sub-woofer or is the audio crackling? For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address. What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

1 Message

October 8th, 2018 20:00

Encountered exactly the same problem. I found the fix. Download the old driver through the link given by one of the replies. Run task manager. End all processes affiliated with Wavesmaxaudio go to Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files and find the Waves folder, delete it completely. Now, run the old driver installer and after a few restarts, it would be back to normal. do not update again. Hope this helps! cheers!

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 9th, 2018 06:00

Since the thread is a month old, possibly the OP has corrected the problem by now.  I am running the latest audio driver available on the Dell site and the subwoofer shows normally, so not sure why some folks seem to be having a problem.

You have to keep in mind that Windows has audio drivers all over it will install, if allowed.  Since such a driver may not be compatible with the 7567 I always download the new driver and go offline until after I have the new one installed.

There is also some controversy going on with the 7567 related to Bios upgrades and those being rolled back by two versions.  The new Win 10 build release, which is currently "Paused", seems to have bumped into some problems.

77 Posts

October 9th, 2018 07:00

This actually worked!!

Thanks bro @jmzdota

October 11th, 2018 05:00

Having same problem. I reinstalled audio driver, so sound is on but sub-woofer is still not working. 

This is the 2nd time I am having sound issue on this model .

DELL service isn't on the same level as their competitors.

Hope issue will be resolved asap.

1 Message

October 11th, 2018 09:00

I'm facing the same issue, what do I do?

2 Posts

October 11th, 2018 11:00

I rolled back the drivers, unistalled the windows updates, deleted the Waves Maxx files and then installed the new drivers. Nothing works

1 Message

October 11th, 2018 14:00

it works! thank you @vlad8marta 

//Just download and follow the installer

No Events found!