Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

July 27th, 2018 23:00

support assist

tried to run my support assist and it gets stuck on "scan hardware" it just says preparing then nothing happens,  it ran fine last week, this is the message i get

Support Assist Client

An unexpected error occurred while running this request.
Close

SupportAssist was unable to complete the requested task at this time.

To retry, close the SupportAssist application and run the task again.

If this problem persists, click the Get Support Tab.

Support Assist Client

Version [2.2.3.2]

this has happened the last few times i tried to run it

all the other functions of support assist, when i do it manually instead of scan all, work, ie: drivers and downloads, clean files, tune performance and optimize network, only scan hardware crashes support assist

9 Posts

July 29th, 2018 14:00

I have the same issue!  Does anyone have a fix for this problem?

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

August 15th, 2018 00:00

still having the same problem and no support yet

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

August 15th, 2018 10:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you.

Do you still get the error message as unable to complete the task?

Please uninstall Support Assist, Support Assist remediation, Support Assist Agent My Dell.

Complete all Windows updates & restart the computer.

Install Support assist from this link https://downloads.dell.com/serviceability/catalog/SupportAssistInstaller.exe 

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

August 15th, 2018 21:00

ok that worked thanks

5 Posts

September 26th, 2018 08:00

I have exactly same problem despite Support **bleep**'t "Remedition" having been installe 2 th June 2018.

My desk top is still under warranty s I'll be going back to John Lewis with a complaint if this doesn't get resolved!

Not at all impressed with Dell!

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

September 26th, 2018 09:00

I will be glad to look into this for you.

Are you getting an error message as “unexpected error”? 

What is the Support Assist application version installed?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

September 26th, 2018 09:00

try out what they replied to me it worked for me

3 Posts

March 13th, 2019 15:00

Honestly what a piece of **bleep**, this is! Sorry to be so brutal but after 10 hours all it was doing was trying to download the sw/drivers. i went direct using the ST code and did it in 3-4 minutes. what a waste of everyones time!!!

3 Posts

March 13th, 2019 15:00

over 10 hours trying to download drivers etc <50MB, what a piece of **bleep**!! did it direct in 3-4 mins. Sort it out!! Its a great idea, just make the **bleep** thing work or its a complete waste of time!!

293 Posts

March 14th, 2019 12:00

@Demani-1  There shouldn't be any need to update drivers, if system is running perfectly.  Long story short.

So, did you go back and uninstall and re-install Support Assist.

June 27th, 2019 00:00

THANK YOU! I thought I had lost a driver. I know nothing about PCs except Dell is the best, I will never have another brand!

1 Message

September 28th, 2019 10:00

I had this same problem with the Support Assist running but nothing would happen no matter which task I clicked on.  I would eventually get the message an error has occurred.  I tried downloading Support Assist again and that didn't work.  The download link you provided of the new Support Assist worked perfect.  

1 Message

October 6th, 2019 22:00

THANKS!!!  That WORK!!!!

1 Message

October 11th, 2019 04:00

I had the same problem so tried this and it worked.  Thank you.

4 Posts

December 10th, 2019 15:00

Whilst I have this same irritating problem I did manage to run the other scans in the support assist package, alas the hardware scan will not start. I will uninstall reinstall when I have time. Whilst I have had problems with my new Dell their support are second to none I could not ask or wish for a more caring company to purchase a desk top from. Going off at a tangent but  my old XPS (must be 6 years plus) is still going strong and my Grandson loves it he does all his homework on it,graphic design, music  and plays online games etc, the machine was a complete workhorse, far and above any of the other computers I have had over the last thirty years. I am sure this problem will get resolved but a pain in the backside is a pain we can all do without. Having said that Dell are not a company to sit on their bums and do nothing.

No Events found!