Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

15 Posts

November 5th, 2019 01:00

warranty repair time

I sent my laptop for repair as my laptop does not want to wake up from sleep. It has been 11 business days now. I was told it will take up to 12 business days, but when I rang them yesterday they told me they did not find a problem yet and will keep it for a "little more time". 

What on earth little more time means. How can a manufacturer tell me something like that?! Am I not entitled to a replacement after 12 days elapses? Girl on the phone told me "it should take 12 business days, however sometimes it takes longer"...

this is a great joke and points me towards a different brand on my next purchase

Anyone had a similar problem?

15 Posts

December 2nd, 2019 23:00

Update.

Dell were checking my system all the way to the top lvl engineer and did not find a fault. Agreed to send me a new unit in the end so there is a hope.

Clearly some of them have hidden faults, so if you have a black screen issue dont post it here, but send it off immediately before warranty runs out.

I started the case 14th October and its due to arrive 16th December, so charge some patience.

It took a long time and was annoying, but Dell did take care of me in the end

Also they put in the 10th gen i7 instead of 8th, so was worth the wait.

thanks Dell

1 Message

July 7th, 2022 11:00

• I have same issue with repair time
  • Also responses are just in form of arguing and apologies
  • No status of repair since 14 days

1 Rookie

• 

95 Posts

July 7th, 2022 21:00

Supply chain issues - I had several tickets this year, each time they told me parts were delayed.

No Events found!