Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 27th, 2013 13:00

Active Directory, SyncIQ

Hi, i have few questions that i came across in my environment and i am pretty sure this is something i cant find in admin guides. Someone please help me out

- We have 3 Isilon clusters across data centers. Two of those clusters are source and one is target(say tgt1). If we run 5 sync jobs simultaneously on each source cluster replicating to tgt1 cluster, will the tgt1 be able to handle all 10 jobs at a time coming from 2 different source Isilon clusters. All clusters are running on oneFS 7.0.2.4

- Can we add the same AD to Isilon cluster using two different admin accounts. This question came up coz we have issues where one account goes froze for some reason, and thought we could run with second account with which the the AD is added to cluster.?  Will there be no issue if we add AD with an account and that account gets froze or deactivated ?

- Is there a way to rebalance IP addresses across nodes. When we open oneFS GUI, the Dashboard shows how many IP addr is assigned to each node. I know it is weird but can we balance the ip addresses on nodes to be the same (If we have 12 IP addr in pool and 3 nodes interfaces in pool with only 10gig agg interfaces being used)

Thanks in Advance.

Damal

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

December 27th, 2013 15:00

if you are using dynamic IP allocation you can rebalance IP addresses

isi networks modify pool --name= : --sc-rebalance

22 Posts

December 27th, 2013 20:00

1) You can run the Sync-IQ jobs to the single target cluster from both of the source clusters running 5 Sync Jobs each, that's no problem. However, the target cluster load depends on how much data you are trying to push /copy to it. I hate to give a "it depends" answer, but in this case you will be able to derive the numbers based on the amount of changes between each sync jobs, number of nodes in the target cluster, number of files that generally get copied (too many like millions of small files are bad), how busy the link is, how frequently the sync jobs run etc. etc.

2) I am not sure if I understand your question here. So I will make some assumptions. Are you trying to re-add the Isilon Cluster to the AD, but now with a different account? If so then there is no problem. You can delete the earlier machine account that was created in AD if its there . I am not a Windows /AD Guru, but treat the OneFS AD join process as the same as joining any client machine to AD. Will the other machines in your network that are joined to the AD have issues if the account that was used to join the AD is frozen /disabled? I believe the answer is "no". BTW, we create a single machine account in AD with the cluster name.

3) This was answered by dynamox above. One thing to note that you can*not* use dynamic pools with Sync-IQ. keep those pools separate.

165 Posts

December 28th, 2013 21:00

Thank you Dynamox

165 Posts

December 28th, 2013 21:00

Thank you for the explanation. We are not trying to re-add Isilon to AD, trying the add the same cluster with two different accounts. I see my question is answered - we create a single machine account in AD with the cluster name.

Thanks again

No Events found!