Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 10th, 2016 13:00

Create group from Active Directory for Swift account group ownership

I would like to create a swift account and have that account/container owned by a group from active directory.  I can successfully create a swift account and add a locally created group to it.  When I try to create a swift account and name an AD group, it complains no such group.  Okay so I need to add a group from AD on the Isilon first.  The only problem, when I go to the add group section there is no search function. Once I select my active directory domain, the window literally lists all 4000 groups in my organization.

Okay off to the CLI -

A isi auth ads view returns"ONLINE" as well as the AD particulars.  So AD is fine.

I have tried the following with no success:

isi auth groups create my_ad_groupname --provider ads:my.domain.com

Failed to add group my_ad_groupname:  The authentication request could not be handled

isi auth ads modify --provider-name my.domain.com --findable-groups my_ad_groupname

Returns okay!  All right now what?  Cannot find the group anywhere and group create returns the same

So I go for another tact.  I create a local group of the same name then try and add the SID with a

isi groups modify --group=my_ad_groupname --add-sid=1-5-21-2076390139-******************** --provider ads:my.domain.com

Returns Failed to create persona

What am I missing?

Thanks for your help!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 29th, 2016 13:00

Are you using OneFS 8.0? You can use the command for a zone that is connected to AD or LDAP domain for authentication

isi swift accounts create    [--zone ] [--users ] [{--verbose | -v}]

Example: isi swift accounts create 123 ADdomain\\testuser ADdomain\\groupA --zone ABC

Page 5 https://support.emc.com/docu65071_OneFS-8.0.0-Isilon-Swift-Technical-Note.pdf?language=en_US

No Events found!