Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 13th, 2016 11:00

Isilon ESRS Expection

Hello All,

As I understand, once you enabled ESRS on the Isilon Cluster, the expectation is that it will automatically provision new nodes into the ESRS gateways and automatically approve the nodes in ServiceLink.  My questions are,

• how long will it take for Isilon devices to show up in the ESRS Servicelink after it is enabled on the Isilon cluster? Avg turnover time?
  • how does the esrs know that the isilon has been enabled and polls the data to esrs and add all the devices?
  • Is there a technical document out there that describes this autoprovision processor the process flowchart?

I could not find any information relate to this expectation after scouring through support.emc.com, saleforce, and search.

Typically, some CE would manually add the devices into the servicelink due to long turnover, but it sort of defeat the process of auto device provisioning. I would like to see how can we verify if the autoprovision process is valid or delay internally or externally. Any suggestions, discussion, or explanation on this would be great. And I thank you ahead of time.

I did find an old thread that sorta touch this, but its just a general statement not so much a technical explanation.

17 Posts

December 15th, 2016 23:00

• how long ... from my experience devices are shown immediately after ESRS is enabled or new nodes are joined
  • how does ... if ESRS is enabled on the device, the Isilon sends some registration files to the ESRS GW
No Events found!