Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 28th, 2018 10:00

Isilon IIQ or ViPR SRM

Hello team,

I have a situation for a client that I am working for and I need help in deciding between Insight IQ and ViPR SRM for using/analyzing Isilon Performance data. The challenge I'm having is that as the client has a lot of storage products and we already have the ViPR SRM Installed. Now is it really required for me to install the IIQ or just use the SRM to do the job of IIQ. If someone could list out a justification as to why one product would be better over the other that one may seen based on their experience I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,

Sumanth

450 Posts

April 2nd, 2018 07:00

IIQ was built for Isilon specifically; and has been around even prior to the EMC Acquisition.  In most cases there is no additional cost to license it, (included in most other licenses).  So, if they want to watch performance of all storage systems as in 1 view, VMAX, Unity, etc. then certainly adding Isilon to ViPR SRM is a good thing.  But, I'd suggest deploying InsightIQ also.  It can be incredibly useful for troubleshooting issues, or looking for aberrations over time.  Plus it of course has filesystem analytics built in.

So; TLDR?

Use both, what's the harm.

~Chris

No Events found!