Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 28th, 2015 02:00

Isilon OneFS 6.5 perfomance issue

Hi,

We are facing issue on our current Isilon OneFS 6.5 related to slowness & raised an SR. EMC says to disable iSCSI.

There is a lock being held by iscsi_d and iSCSI isn't licensed so the iscsi service should be disabled;

iSCSI Inactive          Not Configured

My Question is does it really create problems if it is not licensed and configure on the Cluster. Please reply.

Thanks in advance.

May 29th, 2015 14:00

Hello Rakesh,

If that was the recommendation given by your support engineer as a result of the SR you opened, I would echo that recommendation, and what Ed Wilts stated previously as well.

While most often it is not an issue, if the daemon is enabled there is the potential for iscsi to have a lock on a file, when something else tries to access the same file, leading to lock contention.

If you are not using the iscsi service for anything, disable it per the recommendation from support.

May 28th, 2015 10:00

I won't second-guess the support folks, but If it's not configured and you're not using it, there's no downside to disabling the service.  The upside is that you won't waste resources for something you're not using in the first place.

# isi services isi_iscsi_d disable

This will automatically stop the processes. 

May 30th, 2015 02:00

Thanks a lot to all of you. I will look forward to disable it.

450 Posts

May 31st, 2015 21:00

Please don't miss the fact that OneFS 6.5 will only be supported until 6/30. Plan to upgrade soon.

~Chris

June 1st, 2015 03:00

Yes Chris,  Thank you.

No Events found!