Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 19th, 2015 09:00

Isilon support matrix

Does anyone know if there is a Support Matrix for Isilon. It seems like EMC has support Matrix for everything else they sale/support except for the Isilon.  Thanks

2 Posts

March 19th, 2015 11:00

Peter, Thanks for the links which was more than my local EMC contacts and I could find. I was also wondering if you had any other docs like  network switches and recommanded IOS that are supported for Isilon?   Thanks

1.2K Posts

March 19th, 2015 20:00

AFAIK any standard equipment can be used (note: I am a customer).  Leaving it to EMC to dig deeper now...

-- Peter

125 Posts

March 20th, 2015 07:00

>

> other docs like  network switches

>

I don't know of anything more specific than what's in the compatibility document that Peter noted.  I'm specifically referring to this statement, which I believe we've included because we don't have a process for formally verifying specific front-end switches.

-----

ETHERNET COMPLIANT SWITCHES

Isilon nodes support industry-standard 1 GbE and 10 GbE switches. Ethernet switches should meet the following minimum requirements:

• Include non-blocking switch fabric
  • Support a 1 MB buffer per switch port
  • Support jumbo frames

-----

I do performance benchmarking for Isilon.  I have personally used the Cisco 5596 with success, a Brocade MLX-16 with some success (I say "some" only because I didn't test with for very long), and am currently using an Arista 7508 with great success.  This testing all uses 10GigE.

>

> and recommanded IOS that are supported

>

Not sure what you're referring to here.  Do you mean supported client OSes?

1 Rookie

• 

567 Posts

March 20th, 2015 09:00

Kip,

I think he refers to Cisco IOS on the Cisco switches.

125 Posts

March 20th, 2015 11:00

Ah, thanks. 

(No, I know of no such thing...)

No Events found!