Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

5 Posts

January 7th, 2019 02:00

IsilonSD - Cannot Register vCenter Server

I re-deployed the IsilonSD Management Server. When I try to register vCenter server it gives the message: Session already established with IP x.x.x.x.

Before deleting the previous management server I had already unregistered this same vCenter. It is not present in the MOB so there is no extension to unregister there, I've deleted all references in  %PROGRAMDATA%/VMware/vSphere%20Web%20Client/vc-packages/vsphere-client-serenity/ and restarted the web client service. I have even restarted the vCenter but still I get the same error message. I can find not further references in the vCenter Windows server registry or file directories

Anyone got any further ideas, thanks

252 Posts

January 8th, 2019 06:00

Hi KBreen,

Could this be related to the management plug in? I was looking through the admin guide https://support.emc.com/docu87970

and on page 26 (at the time of this post) it talks about after registering the vCenter, you would have needed to register the management plugin. Perhaps that is where the cluster is seeing the established session.

5 Posts

January 21st, 2019 07:00

I got this to work by redeploying the Mgmt server with a different IP address and lowercase host name. I'm not sure if the fix was the new IP address or lowercase host name

No Events found!