Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 22nd, 2016 15:00

Limit number of users to a share

This question was actually asked almost 3 years ago (Re: Is there a way on the Isilon to limit connections to a particular share?) but the answers given I do not believe actually answered the question.  A clarifying question was asked:

Or maybe do we have it wrong and you asking about limiting the number of connections (just as you have available with typical Windows shares)?

This unanswered question is the one I am asking.  MMC Shared Folders snapin has a section when modifying a share called User Limit.  It can be set to "Allow this number of users:  ".

I cannot find anything Isilon related to this in the share properties.  I did not see anything that is related to this limitation in the command: isi smb shares create in OneFS 8.0.0.0.  Also isi smb shares view shows no properties related to this.

Does this property even exist for SMB on an Isilon?  Every time when the property of a share is viewed via MMC Shared Folders the User Limit is shown as Maximum Allowed.  The "Allow this number of users" can be selected and a number entered and applied.  But the next time the share properties is viewed again the setting is right back to Maximum Allowed.

125 Posts

April 25th, 2016 07:00

OneFS does not have this feature.  Work with your account team to have the SE file a feature request with Isilon Product Management.  Same goes for anyone else reading this and saying "yeah, that would be great to have" -- more requests for the same features help drive the business case.

No Events found!