Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 15th, 2018 07:00

Modifying a directory quota using OneFS API

I am attempting to modify an existing quota, by making a call to the Isilon API, and I am pretty sure, I am missing something in the request body. Does anyone know what could be going wrong ?

URL of the request being made - PUT /platform/1/quota/quotas/ - I obtained the schema information by making a get call to ?describe - and formed the following body input.

{

"type": "directory",

"properties": {

"thresholds": {

"type": "directory",

"properties": {

"advisory": "5242880",

"soft_grace": "432000",

"hard": "20971520",

"soft":"10485760"

}

},

"enforced": "true",

"container": "true",

"linked": "true",

"thresholds_include_overhead": "false"

}

}

Does anyone know - if the type must default to "object" ? I am modifying a directory quota and am assuming that this has to be set as directory.

I have also attempted a couple of variants -

1. Include the values of - advisory,soft_grace,hard and soft - not within double quotes.

2. the boolean values not enclosed within double quotes.

3. "true" vs "True", to see if that makes a difference ( upper case first alphabet for Boolean values )

Does anyone know what could be going wrong here ? What must be the correct body format ?

Thank you -

6 Posts

August 15th, 2018 13:00

The PUT request format, that is returned by ?describe does not seem to match the response format that is returned if you GET information regarding a quota id.

I just abandoned the PUT format returned by ?describe, and used the format that the GET for the quota id returns.

IT seems to have worked !

Will this change for 8.0.1 ? I will have to figure out once I upgrade

No Events found!