Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 7th, 2016 02:00

NFS mount from isilon node to another isilon node in ONEFS 8.0.0.1

Can we use  NFS mount from isilon node to another isilon node  in ONEFS 8.0.0.1? in the test lab it throws NFS mount errors.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 7th, 2016 05:00

Hi Pawankilambi,

I'm guessing you're getting "WARNING: is being mounted. Use of Isilon nodes as NFS clients is unsupported." sort of error.

Introducing alien filesystems (even if the File System belongs to Isilon!) to a node's native /ifs structure disrupts our NFS server processing logic. Issues like cluster wide deadlock, isi_gather_info hanging, du/mount commands hanging etc.have been faced multiple times in attempt to do so. This practice used to work under rare circumstances but it is not a supported configuration, as this configuration has not been QA validated at this time.

As an enhancement to OneFS 8.0.0.1, we have completely blocked this functionality to stop users from mounting NFS exports ON the nodes even by mistake.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dipan

July 10th, 2016 21:00

Thank you Dipan !

i informed the same to customer and they agree with it.

br

Pawan

1 Rookie

• 

49 Posts

November 23rd, 2020 17:00

Hello Everyone, My question I s with regards to node replacement but I am hoping I can find help here. One Page 24 of the below node replacement guide, its states that to confirm if OneFS is mounted, that one should run the "mount" command. https://dl.dell.com/content/docu44222_X200_Node_Replacement_Guide.pdf?language=en_US Question; 1. What does the command return if OneFS is not mounted? 2. How do I go about mounting OneFS in the case that it is not mounted after node replacement? Please provide documents that explains the procedure to the questions if available. Thank you.

3 Apprentice

• 

592 Posts

November 24th, 2020 09:00

@jessieobioma,

If /ifs is not mounted, then it's not part of the cluster.  It would not show /ifs as mounted.

philler-2# mount
OneFS on /ifs (efs, local, noatime, noexec)

1 Rookie

• 

49 Posts

November 24th, 2020 22:00

Hello and thank you for responding.

“If /ifs is not mounted, then it's not part of the cluster.  It would not show /ifs as mounted.”

Understood.

1. What then would be the output of the command? Please provide documents detailing this.
  2. What is the procedure for mounting OneFS in case of failure after node replacement?

Documents describing the procedure will go a long way in helping me understand this.

Thank you.

3 Apprentice

• 

592 Posts

November 30th, 2020 21:00

@jessieobioma,

What then would be the output of the command? Please provide documents detailing this.

PHIL> It's not documented

What is the procedure for mounting OneFS in case of failure after node replacement?

PHIL> create SR if anything goes wrong after node replacement

305160 : Isilon (internal only): OneFS-How to manually mount /ifs  https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/305160

No Events found!