Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 31st, 2013 14:00

NIS verification from the CLI

Greetings,

It appears I have set up NIS through the web interface properly.  It shows the IP address of a server, has the green dot by NIS enabled, etc.  When I try to verify from a node, none of the yp commands work.  I have found the _ypcat and others.  When I run them as other commands they say ypbind isn't running.  I'm assuming the leading _ is for a depreciated command or something.

Is there a way to verify from the command line things are working properly and run valid yp commands?

Thanks,

Jeff

2 Intern

• 

467 Posts

February 1st, 2013 06:00

I'd start with "isi status auth" to verify your nis provider is actually up and running.. 

If it doesn't work do an "isi auth config list --nis-enabled" to see if it's enabled and "isi auth config list --nis-domain" to see the name of your nis domain..

If it's not enabled do "isi auth config modify --nis-enabled=true" to enabled it..

You may need to reconfigure NIS if it doesn't work..

26 Posts

February 1st, 2013 08:00

I have run this and it does show it it enabled.  It still fails any type of yp command though.

132 Posts

February 1st, 2013 12:00

First thing first.  Which version of OneFS?

jeffc wrote:

Greetings,

It appears I have set up NIS through the web interface properly.  It shows the IP address of a server, has the green dot by NIS enabled, etc.  When I try to verify from a node, none of the yp commands work.  I have found the _ypcat and others.  When I run them as other commands they say ypbind isn't running.  I'm assuming the leading _ is for a depreciated command or something.

Is there a way to verify from the command line things are working properly and run valid yp commands?

Thanks,

Jeff

26 Posts

February 1st, 2013 14:00

Sorry.  6.5.5.12. 

Jeff    

February 3rd, 2013 23:00

Jeff,

Could you quickly run through the following KB article for us?

emc14001092: "How to confirm that NIS configuration is functioning"

No Events found!