Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 1st, 2018 08:00

OneFS cannot delete Snapshots

We have a OneFS Version: 7.1.0.2 cluster.

We have 5 snapshots in SnapShotIQ

We do not have the option to delete the snapshots  - there is no "action items".

How do we delete these old snapshots?

Thank you in advance.

GK

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 2nd, 2018 08:00

If configured properly there should be a deletion scheduled for the snapshot, and they will remove themselves on schedule, if that is the concern.

If you do not see a delete option under the "more" actions button next to the snapshot, I would guess you probably don't have the proper RBAC permissions, or as the other reply suggests, your SnapshotIQ license is expired. Both of these would cause the same situation. You might try running the CLI command available on Dell EMC support at https://support.emc.com/docu50219_OneFS-7.1.0-CLI-Administration-Guide.pdf?language=en_US on page 405

Procedure

1. Delete a snapshot by running the isi snapshot snapshots delete command. The following command deletes a snapshot named OldSnapshot: isi snapshot snapshots delete OldSnapshot

2. Optional: To increase the speed at which deleted snapshot data is freed on the cluster, start the snapshot delete job by running the following command: isi job jobs start snapshotdelete

1.2K Posts

February 2nd, 2018 08:00

Contact support (or an Isilon sales rep in case of no support)

to obtain a temorary SnapshotIQ license.

February 2nd, 2018 10:00

Thanks, I came across the CLI commands and a few other options when searching for a way to delete the snapshots but wasn't sure which route to take so I decided to make sure.

No Events found!