Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 3rd, 2013 12:00

Re-image NL400

Hello Support, I am installing one new Isilon cluster and the nodes came with the Fedora Linux installed how is the procedure to re-image the nodes? I already download the OneFS image from support.emc and make the USB drive to do re-image I will some informations like CTO order number etc how I can get this files?

Tks.

evertonlf

27 Posts

May 13th, 2014 05:00

Hey Arthur,

Yes, it is KB article 16582. I am posting link just in case. Hope re-image resolves your issues. Good Luck!

https://support.emc.com/kb/16582

450 Posts

December 3rd, 2013 15:00

Everton,

Isilon nodes do not ship with Fedora Linux installed, only Isilon’s OneFS Operating system, which is based upon FreeBSD. If you recently purchased the hardware from an EMC authorized reseller or partner, I would suggest you contact them and ask for assistance. Also, if you need assistance from EMC support, please login to http://support.emc.com and open a service request. (SR).

Chris Klosterman, ICSP, ICIE, CCNA, VCP

Cell: +1.913.200.1483

Email: chris.klosterman@emc.com

Senior Solution Architect

Offer and Enablement Team

EMC²| Isilon Storage Division

27 Posts

December 4th, 2013 06:00

Hi,

Just as Chris said, Isilon does not come with Fedora Linux, the come installed with OneFS based on FreeBSD. As for to reimage, once you have created a USB drive with OneFS image, just insert it in on of the USB slots and start the node. Then node will boot from the USB drive, and then it will start a installation wizard, it should be pretty simple from there on. It will just prompt you for some stuff. I saw the process on couple of nodes and did one myself, not sure if I remember it asking for CTO order number or something else. It was pretty simple for there on.

Hope this helps.

If you are still having trouble, I would suggest to contact EMC Support.

11 Posts

December 4th, 2013 15:00

Thanks gshah, This was my case I had CTO nodes without OneFS installed from factory then I needed reimage and import CTO file to nodes to finish correctly the installation, now is everything ok cluster created and almost in production.

Tks.

evertonlf

27 Posts

December 5th, 2013 09:00

You are welcome friend!

Also, here is found a document about reimaging a node for reference: 

https://emc--c.na5.visual.force.com/apex/KB_HowTo?id=kA0700000004Jr5

May 12th, 2014 20:00

The article is OneFS: How to reimage a node using a USB flash drive, 16582?

May 12th, 2014 20:00

Hi Gavi, I'm facing same issue. A New Isilon cluster came with the Fedora Linux installed.

Could you please confirm the mentioned Article Number to properly reimage the nodes? I'm not able to acess the link from 05/12 19:30 until 05/13 03:13 (GMT-0):

Site Unavailable

EMC Online Support

We apologize, but this site is currently unavailable. Please try back later. Thank you.

Kind regards,

2 Posts

May 13th, 2014 12:00

Hello Arthur,

Chances are the regular reimage stick will not resolve your issue. As the original poster mentioned above, nodes in this state require a restore of their CTO information to function properly. To do this you need a special version of the OneFS reimage stick called a CTO reimage stick. If your nodes shipped directly from Isilon with Fedora installed, a custom reimage stick should have been included with each one so OneFS can be installed on site. If you cannot find the sticks, please contact support to open an SR, mention that you need a CTO reimage stick, and tell them to contact me if they have any questions.

Thanks, and our apologies for the inconvenience.

1 Rookie

• 

95 Posts

August 21st, 2014 05:00

Clean explorer caché and files and try again....

Good luck

Dario

iPM

No Events found!