Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 4th, 2017 13:00

Reconfiguring InsightIQ

Hello. When I first installed and configured InsightIQ, I used several of the OneFS cluster host names before settling on the SmartConnect zone name.  I now have four paths to the same cluster in the /mnt directory on the linux server InsightIQ is running on, pointing to " /ifs/.ifsvar/modules/fsa " directories, with the only difference being the path names.

InsightIQ appears to be working without an issue for the cluster, However recently, I started getting the following error: "DISK CRITICAL - /mnt/XXXXXX/ifs/.ifsvar/modules/fsa is not accessible: Input/output error" (XXXXXX is the Isilon cluster path FQDN) on one of the paths that I am not using in the configuration any more.  What's the recommended way to clean up  the unused paths to avoid getting this type of error in the future (assuming that is the cause of the error message)? I'd like to avoid deleting and re-configuring the Isilon cluster in InsightIQ, if possible, so that I keep the data that has been collected so far.  Thanks for the help.  DB

August 9th, 2017 16:00

Hi dasdguy,

Since you are using OneFS v7.2, to view FSA reports in InsightIQ, a NFS mount from the InsightIQ host to the Isilon cluster is required.  But since your *current* configuration is working, you simply need to un-mount the other NFS mounts that are generating the error.  Do this by logging into the IIQ host as administrator or root, and "umount" these obsolete paths to the Isilon cluster.

Hope this helps.

August 7th, 2017 16:00

Hi dasdguy,

What is the version of your InsightIQ and the version of OneFS?

That will help me advice you on the clean-up process.  This is because for OneFS 8.0 and beyond, coupled with InsightIQ version 4.0 and beyond, there is no more need to use NFS mount from IIQ instance to the cluster for FSA results.  FSA results can now be retrieved over OneFS API.

Thanks.

25 Posts

August 8th, 2017 05:00

Good morning, Rob:

The InsightIQ version is v4.1.1.3. The OneFS version is v 7.2.1.2. Thanks.

Dennis

25 Posts

August 10th, 2017 13:00

Good morning, Robert:   Thank  you, that appears to have taken care of it. Have a good day.   Dennis

No Events found!