Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 3rd, 2013 18:00

The SyncIQ blues

Good Evening Everyone,

I really need some guidance about handling syncIQ since right now it's just making me sad heh. I'm having some problems with syncIQ working (or not working) spuradically.

Some of the problems I encounter include:

- A policy failing but the reports return no errors.

-I cancel a policy and get a message saying "it may take a few minutes".  This can sometimes take hours before a syncIQ policy will actually stop running

-After I try canceling a policy that's failing over and over like stated above I notice the subreports that a policy will run and fail many more times without actually canceling

-I was getting caution signs when a policy would fail with no errors a few times before succeeding.

This among a few other things keep happening. Is there something I'm missing? Can someone give me some guidance in the proper direction?

All of the above is true from CLI or GUI interfaces and virtual or physical nodes.

22 Posts

December 4th, 2013 18:00

Hmm. That's really weird behavior. Most symptoms like these stem from Networking and or routing issues.

Some steps you can perform:

1) Perform trace routes from source and destination.

2) Check above and use a packet capture tool to look whether its going through the right interface

3) Perform nslookups for the source and target names from both clusters and see if there are any name lookup/dns issues

4) Check for any MTU issues on the interfaces on all source and target and also on the switches in between

5) any firewall or network packet filters causing issues

6) Try creating a policy using IP address of the target to test / isolate any DNS issues

If all of the above looks good, capture all the above data, gather logs and open a support case and provide all captured data to EMC support.

December 5th, 2013 13:00

I've been digging into this and some of the things you suggested above were definitely partly responsible. I'll definitely post my findings when a wrap my head around it all. I'm just surprised that I couldn't find anyone else complaining about some of these things above.

As always thank you for the speedy response!

No Events found!