Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

June 19th, 2017 01:00

What is "CFFPS"???

Hi,

Our customer has an Isilon cluster of NL410×5.

Our engineer executed the following command.

#isi upgrade cluster firmware devices

And the output is below.

Device          Type          Firmware               Mismatch     Lnns

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QLogic-NX2     10GigE     7.13.0                    -                    1-5

BMC_S1400FP BMC        1.25.9722              -                    1-5

CFFPS1            CFFPS     04.14                    -                     1,5   

CFFPS1            CFFPS     02.02                    -                      1-4

CFFPS2            CFFPS     04.14                    -                       1,5

CFFPS2             CFFPS    02.02                    -                       1-4

I'd like to know why the LNN 1 appears on all  CFFPS collums.

And to now what is the CFFPS.

I think the CFFPS is Power Supply unit firmware, is it correct??

Regards,

252 Posts

June 19th, 2017 07:00

Hi sa.taku,

Yes, you are correct. This is related to the firmware for the power supply.

26 Posts

June 19th, 2017 16:00

Hi sjones5,

Thanks you for your answer.

Do you know why just only lnn1 appears on all of the CFFPS??

Is it related to replace power supplys?

252 Posts

June 20th, 2017 07:00

Hi sa.taku,

If I understand it correctly, it just has to do with different versions of the firmware for different brands of power supplies.

Optimus_Flex: 04.14

Optimus_Acbel: 02.02

There does seem to be an issue with LNN 1 reporting different firmware versions for the same PS unit. From that node, if you run the following command, you will get an output that shows you if there is any problem with the PS unit and what version it should have:

#isi_hw_status

PwrSupl: PS1 (type=ACBEL POLYTECH , fw=09.05)

PwrSupl: PS2 (type=ACBEL POLYTECH , fw=09.05)

Power Supplies OK

Power Supply 1 good

Power Supply 2 good

26 Posts

June 20th, 2017 17:00

Hi sjones5,

Thanks for your response.

I checked isi_gather_info, and found below.

PwrSupl: PS1 (type=ACBEL POLYTECH, fw=02.02)

PwrSupl: PS2 (type=ACBEL POLYTECH, fw=02.02)

Power Supplies OK

Power Supply 1 good

Power Supply 2 good

Device                                Type                      Firmware                    Nodes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CFFPS1                             CFFPS                   04.14                         5

CFFPS1                             CFFPS                   02.02                         1-4

CFFPS2                             CFFPS                   04.14                         5

CFFPS2                             CFFPS                   02.02                         1-4

I understood that the  command that had been executed by our engineer was incorrect.

(the output of isi_gather_info file is correct.)

Do you know the the command is incorrect?

Regards,

Taku

1 Rookie

• 

573 Posts

June 20th, 2017 21:00

sa.taku

Can you get output of "isi upgrade cluster firmware devices" again? Maybe it was halfway being upgraded during your initial query.

26 Posts

June 20th, 2017 22:00

Hi Phil Lam,

I write the command output.(just only items which is related to this issue)

#isi upgrade nodes firmware progress

Lnns            Device                                    Old Version                        New Version                              Status

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1                  CFFPS1_Optimus_Acbel        02.02                                 02.02                                          -

1                  CFFPS1_Optimus_Flex           04.14                                 04.14                                         -

1                  CFFPS2_Optimus_Acbel         02.02                                 02.02                                         -

1                  CFFPS2_Optimus_Flex           04.14                                 04.14                                         -

2                  CFFPS1_Optimus_Acbel         02.02                                 02.02                                         -

2                  CFFPS2_Optimus_Acbel         02.02                                 02.02                                         -

・・・

5                  CFFPS1_Optimus_Flex             04.14                                 04.14                                         -

5                  CFFPS2_Optimus_Flex             04.14                                 04.14                                        -

//However I don't know why there are four items for Lnn1, I think the upgrade process has been finished correctly.

//Because the status collums are empty. (not "upgrading" or "queued")

Device                                    Type                                 Firmware                       Mismatch                   Lnns

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CFFPS2_Optimus_Flex         CFFPS                             04.14                             False                          1,5

CFFPS1_Optimus_Flex         CFFPS                             04.14                             False                          1,5

CFFPS1_Optimus_Acbel       CFFPS                             02.02                             False                          1-4

CFFPS2_Optimus_Acbel       CFFPS                             02.02                             False                           1-4

Unfortunately, our customer hasn't allow us to execute the command again.

252 Posts

June 21st, 2017 14:00

Hi sa.taku,

I second Phil's recommendation to try to get the customer to allow you to run the command again. If the gather is showing correct now, I am willing to bet that the cluster will show the correct information as well. If it still does not, I would suggest opening a ticket with Isilon Support. https://onlinesupport.emc.com/SRCreate

26 Posts

June 21st, 2017 20:00

Hi sjones5,

Our engineer collected isi_gather_info twice.

It was before and after executing "#isi upgrade cluster firmware devices" command.

Device                                     Type                          Firmware                        Nodes

-- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CFFPS1                                  CFFPS                       04.14                               5

CFFPS1                                  CFFPS                       02.02                               1-4

CFFPS2                                  CFFPS                       04.14                               5

CFFPS2                                  CFFPS                       02.02                               1-4

Device                                     Type                           Firmware                          Nodes

-- -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CFFPS2_Optimus_Flex            CFFPS                        04.14                               1,5

CFFPS1_Optimus_Flex            CFFPS                        04.14                               1,5

CFFPS1_Optimus_Acbel          CFFPS                        02.02                               1-4

CFFPS2_Optimus_Acbel          CFFPS                        02.02                               1-4

Device                                      Type                           Firmware                           Nodes

-- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CFFPS1                                  CFFPS                        04.14                                 5

CFFPS1                                  CFFPS                        02.02                                 1-4

CFFPS2                                  CFFPS                        04.14                                 5

CFFPS2                                  CFFPS                        02.02                                 1-4

I think the reference sources are different between isi_gather_info and "isi upgrade cluster firmware devices" command.

Yesterday I opened SR to investigate this issue , but I haven't gotten any response yet.

No Events found!