Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 18th, 2013 05:00

Which EMC systems support SMI-S?

While having a look at the SMI-S provider release notes it says that Symm, VNX and Clariion are supported only.

Does anybody know about Isilon and XtremIO?

Thanks

Dieter

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

January 7th, 2014 06:00

I strongly recommend you to access the link which is a summarization of support of the SMI-S specification for each array by its manufacturer, you can see Isilon and XtremIO aren't on the list.

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

January 7th, 2014 06:00

Hi Mendocino,

I noticed SolarWinds Storage Manager now provides full functionality for EMC Isilon arrays, the link http://thwack.solarwinds.com/community/solarwinds-community/product-blog/blog/2012/12/05/storage-manager--emc-isilon-and-ease-of-setup-for-big-data-fun-and-profit is for your reference. However, it looks like neither XtremIO or Isilon have been supported by SMI-S provider according to the product description in the newest SMI-S provider release note as blow.

product description.png

7 Posts

January 9th, 2014 14:00

Hi Mendocino.

I am going thru the EMCTA for Isilon and at NO POINT it says anything about SMI-S; they lean to recommend REST for newer appliances. Nevertheless this has to be compatible with Prosphere and therefore some sort of retro-compatibility should be there and Prosphere uses SMI-S so I wonder what's the deal there... Grey area I'd say.

By the way... Argentino? Yo soy de Cordoba, viviendo en Nueva Zelanda

Saludos!

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

March 3rd, 2014 00:00

Seeing though that over 2 months have elapsed since you posted, maybe you have already found the answer (possibly opened up a ticket with support)?  If so, once relocated, consider sharing the resolution and also marking the question as "Answered" so that it can help others that have the same question.  If not, once relocated, it will then have more visibility by the community of dedicated customers, partners, and EMC employees that are eager to assist.

No Events found!