Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 30th, 2013 11:00

emcopy errors while migration_error5

Hi,

I am running emcopy from a windows file server to Isilon oneFS 7.0.2.4.

The person running the migration has root permissions on target share (from isilon) and also on the source share. Also a part of local and backup admin groups. Still it shows the error 5

We are using the script emcopy64.exe "\\source" "\\destination" /s /o /d /c /secfix /purge /r:2 /w:0 /log:

Any idea why would there be a access denied issue

Thanks in advance

Damal

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

December 30th, 2013 16:00

what is the exact wording of that error message ?

2 Intern

• 

165 Posts

December 30th, 2013 18:00

I am unable to get the exact text this moment but it looks something like this.

"TH007 : 09:53:39 : ERROR (5) : Unable to set SD

Here is a weird thing happened. The emcopy script failed every time we try to run it. We made sure all the required permissions are given, but later we were able to run it successfully. The change we made is creating an access zone and adding the target shares in to that zone. It really dint make any sense to me ( we were pretty sure that its an NTFS issue and thats how we got to AD and then to Access Zone). I have worked in many environments in which i dint use access zones at all but was able to migrate the data. We then deleted the newly created access zone and now we have only default system zone that have access to all shares. Now we are able to run the emcopy scripts successfully even with out access zone. Still unable to figure out what went wrong when we initially ran the emcopy scripts.

2 Intern

• 

165 Posts

December 30th, 2013 19:00

Thank you for trying to help me out dynamox

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

December 30th, 2013 19:00

i am still on 6.5 ..sorry no experience with access zones.

No Events found!