Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 6th, 2014 10:00

ftp server-to-server

Hi

I  have a question, I was watching the ftp and I saw the option server-to-server

if I active this option, what could I do with this option?

I investigate but I only founded that  I can upload and download file with that option

is this idea correct?

could you help me to clarify this? what is the advantages to active that option?

Thanks

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

November 7th, 2014 01:00

Hi Francisco,

The default method to upload log files is using the isi_gather_info command run either from the CLI or under the mask of Gather Info in the web administration interface. Log files are collected and packaged into a single tarball. The tarball of log files is uploaded to the Isilon ftp site. Log files are sent to FTP server for technical analysis by EMC technical support engineer.

The raw logs on each node are located under the /var/log directory.The automatically uploaded function can be disabled if you like.

65 Posts

November 6th, 2014 11:00

Hello Francisco,

The server to server option enables the transfer of files between two remote FTP servers. Yes this will allow one FTP server to send information to the other FTP server for both reads and writes.

Anonymous access option enables users with "anonymous" or "ftp" as the user name to access files and directories without requiring authentication.

Local access enables local users to access files and direcoties with their local username and password, allowing them to upload fiels direclty through the file system and is enabled by default, anonymous and server to server are diabled by default.

hope that help clarify,

Dan

21 Posts

November 6th, 2014 11:00

The server-to-server option is also what's known as FXP (File eXchange Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). This allows you to move files directly between two FTP servers, without a client in between. You connect with a client and select files. You then select a destination, and files are then copied directly between the two servers. This allows you to move files fast, even if you are using a slow connection from home etc.

1 Rookie

• 

68 Posts

November 6th, 2014 18:00

Hi

Thanks for your answer

If I don't have active the option server-to-server

Why does the cluster ísilon send the log to ftp of isilon automatically?

1 Rookie

• 

68 Posts

December 1st, 2014 10:00

Thanks For your answer

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

December 1st, 2014 19:00

welcome

No Events found!