Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 13th, 2014 23:00

need 3 nodes in the Isilon cluster configured

Hi,

I am installing Isilon 7.0.2.1 using standalone converter. I need 3 nodes in the Isilon cluster configured. I will be using this setup to attach it with ViPR.

Questions:

1. While installation, do I need to choose vmx file located outside or the one inside clone1/2/3? If I select the vmx file outside, will it create cluster with 6 nodes? If yes, how can I make sure it creates 3 nodes only.

2. Do I need to give separate IP addresses for external and internal communication for each node? In total, How many IP addresses do I need for internal / external interfaces to have a cluster with 3 nodes? Can I give DHCP IP addresses instead of static addresses?

3. If Isilon 7.0.2.1 is already installed on ESX 5.1.0, how to know how many nodes are present in a Isilon cluster?

- Sachin

January 14th, 2014 00:00

Hi,

I am using VMware vCenter Standalone Client 5.5.0 for installation of Isilon.

I just did noticed that when I select the vmx file inside clone1, that is: "Virtual Isilon Nodes\b.7.0.2.123r.vga\clone1\b.7.0.2.123r.vga.clone1.vmx", it give below error message:

"Unable to obtain hardware information for the selected machine."

Even clicking on "View source details..." on installation wizard gives same error message. However selecting vmx file at out side, that is : "Virtual Isilon Nodes\b.7.0.2.123r.vga\b.7.0.2.123r.vga.vmx", proceeds without any error.

Please suggest.

January 14th, 2014 06:00

@Dynamox: I did followed your blog page. However, when I select the vmx file inside clone1, that is: "Virtual Isilon Nodes\b.7.0.2.123r.vga\clone1\b.7.0.2.123r.vga.clone1.vmx", it give below error message:

"Unable to obtain hardware information for the selected machine."

So time being I went ahead with, selecting vmx file at outside, that is : "Virtual Isilon Nodes\b.7.0.2.123r.vga\b.7.0.2.123r.vga.vmx", proceeds without any error.

Now thereafter I attached Isilon with EMC's ViPR product. I tried making few actions, and I am getting below error message:

"The evaluation license key for SmartQuotas has expired. Please contact your Isilon representative."

Herewith attached the error log file as well.

Do I need to get the license for Isilon? I could not find any forum where they do mention about the licensing part of Isilon. Do I need to raise SRM for this?

1 Attachment

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

January 14th, 2014 06:00

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

January 14th, 2014 07:00

instructions on my blog specifically indicate to use vmx in the root of the folder.

You need to get an eval license for SmartQuota and whatever else you want to test (SyncIQ, SnapshotIQ ..etc)

January 14th, 2014 10:00

Hi Dynamox,

When we select vmx in the root of the folder, does it create 6 nodes or 1 node in the cluster?

Yeah, I am talking to support team to get the eval license.

Regards,

Sachin

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

January 14th, 2014 10:00

it will create 1 node which you can clone multiple times.

January 15th, 2014 02:00

Alright. Thanks.

No Events found!