Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 27th, 2013 14:00

1 day old Alienware m17x r4 audio does not work

Hi,

I just bought this new laptop it's been running just fine except for the audio. Having once removed the battery (to prevent it from getting damaged while having lengthy gaming sessions) I rebooted and found out that I had no sound and the sound icon saying '' No speaker or headphone plugged in''and also the speaker from the laptop itsself not working either.

I decided to reboot which at first resolved the problem. After about half an hour it stopped working again. The problem seems to come back now continuously.

Is this a hardware problem or what should I do to permanently resolve this issue?

Thank you,

Bob

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

April 27th, 2013 16:00

Bob, this is what I would do if I just got it.

> First use Windows System Restore which probably won't help.

> Re-install the audio driver.

> If that did not fix it I would restore the laptop to the factory configuration. That would get it back to the exact configuration it was in when it came out of the box. If the problem persisted after that I would send it back.

3 Posts

December 21st, 2013 07:00

This is going to sound realllyy weird, but hang with me. I had this very same problem on my brand new Alienware. I searched the bowels of the internet and I found this solution:

1: Shut down your computer

2: Take out the A/C Power Chord

3: Take out the battery

4: Press and hold the Power Button for 13 seconds

5: Attach the Battery and the Power Chord respectively

6: Reboot

7: enjoy

No Events found!