Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 21st, 2013 11:00

15R 5521 Graphic(Video) Card Problem

Hi

I have Dell Inspiron 15R 5521. Recently I have formatted windows 8 and installed windows 7. But after installing all drivers (downloaded from dell site only ) I could not run my 2 gb   AMD Radeon HD 8730M Graphic (Video) card. I am getting following error---"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". I have tried all drivers on the dell site suited for my  laptop. But there was no change in error. 

Please help me with this issue.

Nikhil.S.   

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

The drivers must be installed in order:

Chipset driver (reboot)

Intel video driver (reboot)

Then install the AMD video driver and reboot.

3.3K Posts

Hi Nikhil.S,

To resolve this problem, do the following.

To open Device Manager, click Start, click Search programs and files, and then type Device Manager. A list of available matching items appears above the search box; click Device Manager. Device Manager opens with your computer name at the top and a list of devices that are installed on your computer beneath your computer name.

• Locate the Video card under Display Adapter, right-click the device.
  • Click Uninstall.
  • When a warning message appears that you are uninstalling a device from your system, click OK.
  • Device manager uninstalls the device.
  • Right-click your computer name in Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes. Device manager scans your system and automatically reinstalls your device.
  • Right-click the device and click Properties. On the General tab of the device Properties dialog box, in Device status, you should see the message This device is working properly.

Also, run the Microsoft Fixit on the computer using below link:

http://bit.ly/lkiPrB

Ensure to install the drivers in correct order:

For more information refer below link:

http://dell.to/KKYTyt

Awaiting your response!

2 Posts

April 6th, 2013 03:00

The same problem here. I asked if there were drivers for Windows 7 for this computer before purchasing it, but the video card seems not to have them.

I tried the above answer, but it didn't work. I'll try reinstalling the whole operating system, but I think that won't do much of a difference.

If not solved, I'm afraid I'll have to return the computer for I have no use for Windows 8.

Please answer asap.

2 Posts

April 6th, 2013 04:00

Hi again

After reinstalling and uninstalling a few times, I managed to get it to work. It seems that installing the Intel HD drivers before the AMD Radeon ones was the key.

Thanks ejn63 for the idea :D

Right now I have both Intel HD graphics 4000 and AMD Radeon HD 8730M in my devices, but it seems to work. Catalyst will open just fine.

Regards

1 Message

February 2nd, 2014 03:00

HI ,

i have dell inspiron 15R 5521 laptop my configration  is 8gb ram 750 hard 2 gb graphic card i have buy recently.

when i play game it little bit hangs , plz help me  

No Events found!