Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 3rd, 2012 07:00

17R-5720 Inspiron No 3D Vision !!!

Hello,

My new Dell Inspiron 17R-5720 with Intel Core i7 3612qm/hd4000 and a Nvidia GT630m can't active stereoscopic option.

I update all the driver today and still no way.

3 Apprentice

• 

710 Posts

October 3rd, 2012 08:00

Hi Gargahel,

1. Please follow the steps listed below to access and activate the '3D Enable' feature in card's configuration utility.
- In the 'Control Panel' window, click 'NVIDIA Control Panel'.
- In the 'NVIDIA Control Panel', click the plus sign (+) next to Stereoscopic 3D.
- Under 'Stereoscopic 3D', click 'Set up stereoscopic 3D'.
- In the right-hand pane of the window, click the box for 'Enable stereoscopic 3D' (Figure below)

- Once stereoscopic 3D is enabled, the Set up 'NVIDIA 3D Vision wizard' will appear. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the setup.

2. If you face issues with the set up (If 3D option does not show up or you get an error), try the following steps:
a) Uninstall the graphic card drivers
- Open 'Device Manager' to check for a corrupt display driver
- Click ‘Start’, and then click ‘Control Panel’
- Click ‘Hardware and Sound’
- Click ‘Device Manager’
- ‘User Account Control’ dialog box appears.
- Click ‘Continue’
- Device Manager Page opens up.
- Click <+> sign to expand ‘Display Adapters’
- 'NVIDIA 630m' should be listed, right click it
- Click 'Uninstall' and place tick mark to remove the complete software (if prompted)
- Follow through with the un-installation and restart the laptop

b) Install latest BIOS
Note: Before flashing the BIOS please check the following:-
- Battery should have 10% or greater charge
- Adapter should be connected
- No external devices should be connected
- All other programs should be closed and documents saved

Click on link to download and update the system BIOS: http://dell.to/SpagR4
- Click on “Get driver”
- Save the BIOS on your desktop
- Right click on it and select “Run as administrator”
- Follow the prompts on screen to install BIOS
- Restart your computer

c) Install the graphic card drivers
- Click the following link to access the driver:  http://dell.to/PWrVeN
- Click 'Get Driver'
- Download and save the file on 'Desktop'
- Right click the file and click 'Run as an administrator'
- Follow through with the installation process as per the on screen instructions
- Finish the installation and restart the laptop and try to configure 3D vision again

3. This image illustrates the requirements for getting a 3D display on the computer.

Nvidia 630m graphic card is 3D vision ready. You may check the card specifications: http://bit.ly/RAnoAd As this laptop is shipped with 'Windows 7', it meets the operating system requirements to enable 3D vision. I hope you are already using the NVIDIA 3D vision kit. If the issue still persists, reply with error message that you get during 3D configuration (If appears). If no error appears, it is possible that the 'display screen' on your laptop is not 3D ready.

I am adding you as a friend. Please accept my request and reply through a private message with the system 'Service Tag'. I will check the system configuration to verify if the display installed is 3D ready. Hope this helps. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

4 Posts

October 3rd, 2012 10:00

First thanks to read me !!!

I Have tried with the bios update, full uninstall of the card and reinstall with your driver ( who is not the last from nvidia), same problem, no 3d stereoscopic option.

the problem seems come with the nvidia optimus technology :

http://3dvision-blog.com/5532-nvidia-optimus-technology-and-3d-vision-dont-go-well-together/

I m afraid that the new dell latpop won't work with the 3d vision kit, my friend have au 17r i7 from last year without optimus technology and 3d kit vision works on it !

3 Apprentice

• 

710 Posts

October 4th, 2012 12:00

Hi Gargahel,

Thank you for responding. NVIDIA optimus technology and 3d vision may work together. I am looking for an update on your system's 'Service Tag' so that I may be able to check the laptop's specifications thoroughly and provide decisive answers. Please provide the information. I would be glad to assist.

4 Posts

October 9th, 2012 01:00

Hi,

[Moderator Note: Service tag # removed to protect personal information.], but it really seems that the problem is optimus technology, the way that graphic comes to the Integrated Graphic Processer.

Now the quest for a dell taptop without optimus technology is starting ...

3 Apprentice

• 

710 Posts

October 10th, 2012 11:00

Hi Gargahel,

Thank you for your response. I am researching on the issue. I have also forwarded the issue details to the product group team. It may take another 2 - 3 business days. I will keep you posted.

3 Apprentice

• 

710 Posts

October 15th, 2012 04:00

Hi Gargahel,

As mentioned in my previous post, I've forwarded the details to the concerned team. Apologies for taking longer time than expected. It may take another  2 - 3 business days. I will keep you updated.

3 Apprentice

• 

710 Posts

October 18th, 2012 07:00

Hi Gargahel,

Display screen in Inspiron 17R/5720 does not support 3D vision. You referred to your friend's 17R notebook in your previous post that enables 3D display; It is another variant of the Inspiron series laptops and is branded as Inspiron 17R SE/7720. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

4 Posts

October 18th, 2012 08:00

Hello,

I know that the screen of the 17r/5720 is not 3D vision ready. But my optoma HD67N is ( it s a nvidia certified 3d vsion videoprojector), and there is no way to have 3d vision with the optoma on the hdmi output of the PC.

I try another Dell : 17r SE 7720 -> exactly the same problem, and it because of the actual otpimus technology. I bought a 17r n7110 to someone, and 3d vison works great with optoma on HDMI output... ouf I ve got now a (old) laptop 3d vision ready.

thx for the help :emotion-5:

3 Apprentice

• 

710 Posts

October 18th, 2012 12:00

Hi Gargahel,

Thank you for the valuable inputs. You sure have a valid point. We are still researching on the issue and shall update you in another 2 - 3 business days.

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

October 23rd, 2012 09:00

Hi Gargahel,

I am following up on behalf of DELL-Saurabh A. We are still researching on this issue. Please allow us additional 2-3 business days.

Glad to assist.

3 Apprentice

• 

710 Posts

October 26th, 2012 14:00

Hi Gargahel,

Would like to share a small update. I have been researching on the issue and found that usually an external display connects to the integrated graphic card. It is possible that your external display (projector) is connected to integrated GPU and therefore does not project 3D enabled vision. However this functionality is system specific and may vary depending upon the built and design of different computers.
The following NVIDIA article gives deeper insight: http://bit.ly/SACTH6

I am still researching and need another 2 - 3 business days. Shall update you soon.

373 Posts

October 26th, 2012 19:00

Install the newest Nvidia's driver (without uninstall Dell's Driver) and make test.

3 Apprentice

• 

710 Posts

October 30th, 2012 13:00

Hi Gargahel,

We are researching on the issue. Apologies for taking longer time than expected. It may take another  2 - 3 business days. I will keep you posted.

3 Apprentice

• 

710 Posts

October 31st, 2012 09:00

Hi Gargahel,

As per the system architecture of laptops like 'Inspiron 17r - 5720 and 7720', the HDMI port is located on the 'integrated GPU' and not on the 'NVIDIA video card'. This is the reason why despite having a 3D capable discreet GPU, you are not getting a 3D display projection on your projector through HDMI.

Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

No Events found!