Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 14th, 2015 02:00

3 Months Old Inspiron 3000 Series Laptop, Power port issue. Got replaced and again the same issue

Bought a brand new Inspiron 3000 Series Laptop online thru Dell malaysia website, Got the product and was using it for 3 months and Laptop not booting , got issue at cable which connects the power adapter port and motherboard. so not able to boot the laptop.

Engineer came and replaced motherboard, as expected, issue not resolved and raised another  case for the cable and came after 2 days to fix the issue and got my laptop booted up only to see OS got corrupted due to removing and adding HDD. It took 3 days for me to fix the OS by myself.

Now again my laptop not powering on. could be the same issue i guess.. 

July 14th, 2015 12:00

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your concern.Can you please let us know if the power adaptor light stays on when it is plugged in to the machine?

What happens when you start the machine?Are there any lights at all?If so,provide details on the same and we can check and help

July 14th, 2015 21:00

Hi Prajwal,

Thanks for looking at this issue.

When i connect the power adapter Power adapter LED is on and when i connect the to laptop power port, no LEDs in my laptop is on. when i press the power button there is no responce. seems like laptop is dead. 

Last time the cable connecting the power adapter port in laptop to the MB is faulty so no LED is on and laptop is not switching on, makes sense. This time I am not sure. 

Checked with the customer service exec, since its 3 months old and can you replace the laptop, he said, no, we keep on changing the parts until its really necessary to change the laptop. Actually my point here is it is down more than its uptime in this past 3 weeks and i lost lots of importent times like Meetings, trainings etc.

July 15th, 2015 18:00

Hi,

I will need to look into the system details and the previous case records. Have you tried with a different battery if possible?

Please send me a friend request and provide the service tag and the registered owner name through a private message. I'll check and revert.

August 7th, 2015 03:00

Hi Prajwal,

I sent you a private message and didnt got any reply. The engineer came and removed the parts and reassembled it and then able to power on the laptop. He mentioned some loose connection at the power on button.  From Last week i started getting the issue  and now to boot the laptop i may need to tilt the laptop to the sides and then try to press the power button to power on. This Monday I am going call customer care and raise this issue along with heating issue. 

Before opening the laptop to replace parts i didnt had this over heating issue.  I request to better help me to get the whole machine replaced. 

dell cannot plan to keep on prolonging this by simply changing the faulty parts until end of warranty period just to say that my warranty period is over and cant to anything.

August 17th, 2015 02:00

Again My laptop is not booting from yesterday.

Is there any one in the forum who can help?

No Events found!