Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

I

6 Posts

May 12th, 2008 20:00

A problem with my M1330

I really need help guys

while am operating normally on my xps some blue lines start 2 be seen in the middile of the screen then goes orange then boom screen goes black

i tried closing the lid and opening it

i saw dumping physical memory and and Error message system halted

and then the laptop restarted and i lost all my data

after restart windows say error with the graphics card and says this "nvlddmkm"

my windows is vista home premium and its virus free and i reinstalled coz i thought the error was with it but still the same

i tried downloading latest drivers for my graphics card nvidia gforce 8400 Gs 128 from dell drivers but there is no use

also from nvidia there driver doenst want 2 be installed ! sayin u arent operating on vista 32 however i choosed vista 32 bit

still the same

note (it happens suddenly while operating normally on the computer without  fancy things or heavy games nothin )

help me guys its really annoying

thanks in advance

hope some1 helps

1.2K Posts

May 13th, 2008 10:00

The first thing to do is run a full system diagnostic (F12 @ startup) to check for any hardware faults.

6 Posts

May 13th, 2008 23:00

Where did you axquire the niv driver? Was it off the Dell site?  Lots of times Dell uses a OEM version of the graphics board and does not support the retail version.  I have found it best to stick with the updates only that Dell post in the drivers section.  I installed wrong driver can cause you a bluescreen lockup.

6 Posts

May 14th, 2008 12:00

yes i accuired it from dell drivers for my 8400 gs

yet there is no use

so the problem is still there and

i really need help

6 Posts

May 14th, 2008 12:00

thank u mfinnan101 4 passing by

i did as u said and the it passed succesfuly

i guess no hardware problems

No Events found!