Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 7th, 2010 19:00

AC Adapter Not Recognize/Will Not Charge?

Recently, I ran into a problem with charging my Inspiron 1545. It is saying that it does not recognize the AC adapter being used and that it cannot charge my battery. I researched a little bit about this on the Dell website. Step 1 says to unplug the battery and the charger and plug everything back in after a few seconds. I tried that, didn't work. So I try Step 2, which is to update my BIOS. So, I downloaded the BIOS and tried to install it. The problem is that in order to update the BIOS, I need a battery charge of at least 10%, but I only have 5% left on my battery. So how do I update the BIOS if my AC adapter cannot be recognized and therefore cannot charge my battery, which is stuck at a 5% charge?

Any suggestions?

INSPIRON 1545

Current BIOS: A07

Trying to Update to BIOS: A14

12 Posts

June 8th, 2010 07:00

unfortunately, you really cannot update the bios, if the battery is only at 5%. try using another good fully charged battery to isolate other points of failures on the computer. or try charging the battery with other good ac adapter..

click this link for additional step by step guide about about fixing "laptop not charging" issues. Feel free to add a comment below the window so i cannot respond to you immediately and provide up to date information. Hope these helps.:emotion-1:

http://computersight.com/hardware/troubleshooting-dell-laptop-not-charging-issue/

also feel free to visit these other links that might help.

No Events found!