Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 11th, 2011 20:00

AC Adaptor cannot be determined

Hello i have just bought my xps 15 got it this friday (Date of this post 10/11/2011) so about 4 days ago and im loving it so far but there is just one issue i get this annoying AC adaptor cannot be determined error and it seems to be kind of a common error for what i read.Some say its a motherboard problem or just a miss installed driver but i do not know what to do or how to fix it any help?

1 Message

October 11th, 2011 22:00

I will say this - I consistantly read about this problem, and after about a year I started having the same issue. Generally I could eventually get it to charge, but now - no dice. This is bush league and just smacks of having a nice revenue source where users are forced to buy another adaptor becaue of crimping or whatever nonsence causes this issue. Seriously? How do you propose to wrap your adaptor when ttansporting your laptop? Eventually this issue will arise. It seems like a small issue, but I shelled out good money to get what I thought was a reliable computer and I can't afford at this point to shell out the money for a new power source believe it or not. I was already on the fence with Dell and even something as seemingly small as this has made me decide that this is the last Dell I purchase.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

October 12th, 2011 04:00

Then be careful with many of the others - Dell isn't the only system vendor that sells notebooks using proprietary adapters.

2 Posts

November 10th, 2011 02:00

I like it .I think that will find.charger ac adapter hp L1970-80003 c6780-

84200 Printer

No Events found!