Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 22nd, 2013 10:00

AMD 6470HD / 7450HD problem : Windows cannot identify the driver, code 43

My Laptop configuration is : Dell Inspiron N4050 i5, 4GB ram, 1GB AMD 6470HD Raedon graphics, Windows 7

Many months ago I updated my Graphics driver, then it changed to 7450HD, but thats not the problem.

Today I tried to re install the graphics driver. I uninstalled Catalyst Control Center, Uninstalled any AMD drivers through Driver Fusion, then I did the worst mistake which changed my display to 800x600 resolution : Uninstalled AMD 6470 from the Device Manager.

Now, after that I tried many times to reinstall the driver, only to get the message : 'AMD Drivers were not installed' I had specifically downloaded from Dell website for my graphics number. One thing I did notice, during Catalyst installation, the screen should flicker / go blank, but in my re installation case it didn't.

So, I am stuck with 800x600 resolution. tried a number of times to rectify the error but couldn't. Cleaned registry, made System restore, but still of no use. Any techs here, please help.

1.5K Posts

July 22nd, 2013 12:00

Hi gamekathu,

You may uninstall the ‘Catalyst Control Center’ completely from ‘Programs and Features’ and completely uninstall graphics driver from the ‘Device Manager’. I would suggest you to drain the residual power from the laptop:

• Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer.
  • Then remove the adapter
  • Remove the battery
  • Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds
  • Reconnect the battery and the adapter

You may reinstall the driver from the link: http://dell.to/15ZYRvI.

If the error persists then it might be a hardware issue. You may run hardware diagnostics on the system to check for the hardware functionality, by following the steps below:

• Reboot and press F12 to enter the Boot Menu
  • When the boot device list appears, highlight Diagnostics and press Enter
  • The computer begins to run the Pre-boot System Assessment, a series of embedded diagnostics that perform initial testing on your system board, keyboard, hard drive, and display
  • In case any hardware component is bad, you will get a corresponding error

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist further.

3 Posts

July 23rd, 2013 07:00

@DELL-Amogh G  I have windows 8 dual booted with windows 7, where the drivers are working as it should. So, I'm sure my hardware is ok. Now, should I follow your steps in windows 7 by uninstalling the driver and draining power?

1.5K Posts

July 23rd, 2013 12:00

Hi gamekathu,

Thank you for the information. As you have mentioned that the graphics are working fine in Windows 8, it seems the issue is with the drivers in Windows 7. You may completely uninstall and reinstall the drivers in Windows 7.

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist you. 

3 Posts

July 25th, 2013 21:00

IT WORKED!!!! :emotion-2:

Thanks a Lot DELL-AMOGH G for your help! I got back both AMD 7450 and Intel HD drivers, and the display is back as it was before!!!

Thank you so much! Dell Community Rocks!

1.5K Posts

July 26th, 2013 19:00

Hi gamekathu,

Thank you for the reply. I am glad that the issue has been resolved.

Please feel free to reply for any further questions. I will be glad to assist you.

No Events found!