Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 12th, 2013 21:00

AMD Radeon HD: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

In my device manager, in Display Adapters, for my AMD Radeon 7500.7600M Series graphics card, the properties show the following error message:
"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

I have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them - it is version 12.104.0.0, which I have confirmed is the latest. I have the Catalyst Control Center installed as well.

Can anyone help me understand this error? Why would it have stopped? What should my next steps be to try and resolve it?

Cheers,

Sam

6 Posts

July 22nd, 2013 16:00

Hi thanks for trying, but the drivers from Dell are the ones that cause the restarting problem.

I located the newest version of the Intel HD 4000 driver (Win64_15313_intel) and installed that, then I installed the latest AMD drivers (13-4_mobility_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql_AMD) from the AMD website. This has solved my issues and my graphics card is now performing correctly.

So yeah, just to repeat the ones it tells me to install when I enter my service tag and OS (Windows 7) were:

Intel: 5423_Video_Driver_T6XGJ_WN_8.15.10.2669_A02

AMD: 5423_Video_Driver_VGR24_WN_8.951.9.0_A02

And these caused endless problems - the graphics card would not work and then when I installed the AMD drivers from Dell, it would cause my system to restart every 2 or 3 minutes. It seemed like some sort of incompatibility between the two display adapters and the supplied drivers.

The other Dell representative told me the same as you - so I wanted to post my solution in case anyone else has this issue.

1.3K Posts

July 14th, 2013 22:00

Hi Sam,

It could be a bad installation or a corrupt video system file. Kindly provide the system model number and the operating system installed.

6 Posts

July 14th, 2013 23:00

Hi Harish, thanks for your help!

So to give you some more info:

System: Inspiron 5423 (brand new machine)

There are two display Adapters

1. Intel HD Graphics 4000

2. AMD Radeon HD 7570m

I have downloaded and installed the video driver package from Dell

5423_Video_Driver_VGR24_WN_8.951.9.0_A02

This installs the driver version 8.951.9.0 and the display adapter shows as "AMD Radeon HD 7570m" in the device manager.

When I install this version, the display adapter in the Device manager appears to be ok, however this is when the system starts to restart unexpectedly, usually about 2-3 minutes after I log in to windows. I can confirm that it is something to do with this, as when I remove the drivers and uninstall it, the issue stops (and same, in safe mode there is no restarting as it doesn't load the driver)

I put in the video card details on the AMD website and was prompted to download and install: 13-4_mobility_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql

When I do this, the display adapter appears more generic, is shows something like "AMD Radeon 7500/7600" and the version # is 12.xx

Despite installing Catalyst Control Center and this new driver, it doesn't appear to work - hardware acceleration is disabled, though it does not have the restarting issue with this version.

Currently, windows is treating it as a generic resource, driver version 6.1.7600.16385

Hardware acceleration is disabled by windows (ie when I load up a windows game like solitaire, I receive a message telling me so)

When I installed Windows 7 (replaced Windows 8 which came installed), I downloaded all the dell drivers from the website for my service tag and installed them in the order suggested (http://dell.to/11Cpkya).

I'm really unsure of how the two adapters interact - I assume that there is some combination of drivers or software that makes the two work together properly - it just seems that the version supplied by Dell should work in theory but is causing the major issue of restarting.

Hope that information has been helpful - any guidance would be appreciated!

Sam

6 Posts

July 14th, 2013 23:00

oops my apologies when I said there are two display adapters,

one I guess is onboard standard graphics and the other is an AMD card.

They are currently displayed in my device manager as

1. Intel HD Graphics 4000

2. Standard VGA Graphics Adapter

1.3K Posts

July 16th, 2013 01:00

Hi Sam,

I would suggest you to uninstall the Intel and AMD video card drivers on the system. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the video card.

1.       Click on Start button.

2.       Start typing devmgmt.msc and then press enter.

3.       Select the both graphics card device under display adapters and right click on it.

4.       Now select properties.

5.       In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Uninstall button.

6.       Check “Delete the driver software for this device.”

7.       You want to delete the driver click OK.

8.       After the uninstall finishes restart the system. Install the Intel driver and then the AMD driver from Dell support site. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the video card driver from Video section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/ZaQuel

Please let me know if this helps.

August 7th, 2014 01:00

hi,
i have bought a brand new dell inspiron 15 3537 and after 4-5 days a message appeared that windows have stopped amd graphic card...
i have 2 graphic  card  preinstalled by dell
1-intel R HD graphics family
2-amd RADEON 8670M
it has showed the error code 43...
help  me out to solve this issue.
thanking you

No Events found!